Post your pets thread

We just went through this in April with a 13-year-old. Now we have a five-month-old puppy, just like your family, and we already love her. I really feel for you, execUTEioner. It’s so hard to lose these dogs.

My favorite Will Rogers quote:

“If dogs don’t go to heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.“

Every dog lover gets that one.

5 Likes

One of our fur babies has been puking and loosing weight. We brought her in and she has a massive hietal hernia where you can see 80%of her liver and gall bladder are in her pericardium! We have two surgeon consults planned, including Colorado State Veterinary TeachingHospital and Advanced Veterinary Care in Salt Lake.
Anyone ever worked with either CVTH or AVC? Apparently, its rare but reasonable to repair.
Might just do the drive to Fort Collins… The cat is stable (remarkably) and only 7, but obviously needs a cat cardiothoracic eval.

Not a pet but Wolf is a pup we are raising and training for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Wolf is our second as we had a yellow lab/golden cross previously. If you have any interest in this sort of thing, watch “Pick of the Litter”. I think it’s on Disney+ and it’s about 6 or 7 episodes of 1/2 hour. It explains the whole breeding/training process. Pretty interesting actually and lots of cute pups. Betty White was a big supporter and spokesperson for GDB.

4 Likes