Places to avoid on vacation

I understand. I live in 45 minutes out of Nashville. Our home prices are skyrocketing and the city is getting crowded because a bunch of the Caucasian Conservative types are moving here. I have to admit, I even looked at SLC for a minute to try to set up an office. We live in desirable areas.

1 Like

The great stuff in Utah is unusable because of Utahns. 20 years ago, they could have planned for this, protected some of those natural features, planned cities that didn’t sprawl from mountain range to mountain range, but no. Utah is to blame for that, not California.

6 Likes

Ok, I’ll add a couple of places to avoid while on vacation. Grants and Gallup, NM. I like a majority of NM, but these to cities just feel run down and ready to fade into history to me. They’ve always felt that way.

1 Like

Montana, Nevada, Idaho, Arizona and to a certain extent Colorado are all experiencing the effects of the California exodus. I think I said somewhere else here that I heard Malcolm Gladwell speak about a week ago. He said that San Francisco has been destroying itself for the past 20 years, and then after it finally hits close to bottom, younger people will move back in because prices will have fallen into affordable levels. So it’s all cyclical.

California is too beautiful a place, with too many natural resources, to die completely. The people there are simply suffering the effects of very poorly-conceived decisions by their leaders.

1 Like

LOL. People thought I was weird hanging in Farmington, NM in the summer. I dig the more blue-collar parts of NM.

1 Like

Ah, real estate.

1 Like

Also, all families with more than two children.

I get it. Instead of NIMBY, its NA. (Not Anywhere.)

1 Like

In my former life the company had a weekly company newsletter that had Want Ads. I hired on in 1980 and they always had a “Welcome Mat” page announcing new hires. I kept that weeks newspaper and looked at it right before I retired 4 years ago. There was a plot of land (acre and a half I believe) for sale in Park City for $14k. I wish I had the foresight to buy it then.