Peterson steps down at UW

Any chance he goes to USC? That would be awesome.

I did not see that coming.

3 Likes

The press release says he’s taking a ‘leadership role’ within UW athletics

1 Like

I know they underachieved this year, but this is pretty surprising to me.

Feels like he could head to SC. But things seem pretty unclear regarding Clueless Clay’s status. He’s coming off a winning season with a top 25 ranking. Stranger things have happened.

I think that “role” might not have a lot of staying power.

1 Like

Source? I can’t find anything on it.

Found it

Why would that be awesome? I want them to get a dud, not a proven winner like Peterson.

3 Likes

This is the most shocking coaching development in college football in a long time. Wow.

3 Likes

He’ll be a Trojan by the end of the week.

Peterson could build another dynasty at SC … gawd I hope he doesn’t go there. The Dawg’s season wasn’t that bad jeez … one yr off the P12 championship. This reeks of something else

3 Likes

Yeah. It reeks of “he’s gonna take the USC job.”

2 Likes

Everything is coming up Utah! (Unless he goes to USC, like a dick.)

1 Like

Yes. Quite possibly the most entitled fan base in CFB.

2 Likes

Them and Bama lol

3 Likes

Hopefully he’ll do as well as the last two Washington coaches to move to socal.

2 Likes

They’re probably on par with each other. Both very impressed with their greatness. I mentioned to one of my USC alum friends recently that at least some SC fans were pompous. He disagreed and claimed none of them were. This comes from a very educated and intelligent person.

4 Likes

What is also really interesting is that the new HC is not interim. There’s a lot more to this story that we’re not seeing.

3 Likes

I think it must not be very much fun to be a head coach in college football. Tons of work, travel, pressure, media, etc. I think it’s not a fun job, and some people realize that and get out.

…or he’s going to USC.

I don’t remember where I heard this, but I was told that Barry Alvarez was a true control freak. For example, he supposedly insisted that Gary run the same offense Barry ran when he was head coach.

5 Likes