Pac-12 Only Schedule

I saw a tweet that A game with Oregon is in the works in SLC. I think all teams are going to add an additional crossover to get to 5 home 5 road games.

1 Like

Of course, Iā€™m getting more pessimistic on there being a season at all.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œGreginslc, post:20, topic:3956ā€]

Wyomingā€™s response to Utah going to a PAC-12 Only Schedule

(OK, not really. I just like getting to run this picture out again. As much as KW tried to gloss the ā– ā– ā– ā–  over, that onside kick was a bush-league move when we had the Cowboys totally trashed)

We'ren't we up like 50-0?

Looks like Oregon vs Utah on Sep 12?

https://twitter.com/pac12Teams/status/1283472577000640512?s=19

I could deal with that.

Also, in that feed, Jordan Wilmore looks ripped, not the talented kid with a little pooch gut from last year.

1 Like

If this is true, it puts Oregon at 4 home games and 6 road. Im guessing the entire conference schedule is up in the air, because everyone will need 5 home and 5 away.

1 Like

The only way to play 5 home games and 5 away games would be to completely revamp the schedule for EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL. Itā€™s actually IMPOSSIBLE to only add one team to each opponentā€™s schedule because the annual schedule rotation the Pac-12 uses prevents it. I know because I painstakingly worked all of this out earlier. The only way to add additional conference games to each teamā€™s schedule would be to add TWO games, which would actually be a full round-robin schedule. The pairings for each team would be as follows:

Utah: vs. Stanford and @ Oregon
Colorado: vs. California and @ Oregon State
Arizona: vs. Washington State and @ California
ASU: vs. Washington and @ Stanford
UCLA: vs. Oregon and @ Washington
USC: vs. Oregon State and @ Washington State
California: vs. Arizona and @ Colorado
Stanford: vs. ASU and @ Utah
Oregon: vs. Utah and @ UCLA
Oregon State: vs. Colorado and @ USC
Washington: vs. UCLA and @ ASU
Washington State: vs. USC and @ Arizona

That would give half of the schools 6 conference home games while the other half would only get 5. Maybe the Pac-12 could make its conference-only schedule less strict and allow each school to play ONE non-conference game, which would allow the schools with only 5 conference home games to schedule an additional home game against a non-conf opponent (like BYU or Montana State in Utahā€™s case), thus balancing their schedules to 6 home and 6 away games. That would be far more feasible, as the league would only need to worry about the outside logistics of non-league play (and Covid control) for ONE WEEK. Seems reasonable to me, but Iā€™m just a simple man with simple desires.