P5 Grind for the Zoobs

When the fans are obsessed with all things Utah and P12, but should be reveling in the glory of getting into the B12, you know they still are the little brother with a booger bubble that goes in and out as they breathe.

8 Likes

Indeed BYU made the important plays and avoided turnovers which have plagued them against Utah for a long time. And when we got within 6, they drove steadily down the field to ice the game.

1 Like

i traveled to Corvallis and jinxed them. I was much more bothered with that loss than BYU if it is 9-1 with them for a while that is fine with me

3 Likes

Lol. For years we’ve been hearing from them the tired “if we played in November when we’re supposed to”. Hypocrisy much?

3 Likes

I feel similarly. I’m more bothered by the loss to OSU than BYU. OSU just seemed to manhandle our team. Whereas the BYU game, up until the last 5 min or so, we could have won if the ball bounced differently, so to speak.

But hey, let them, those Cougars from Provo, have their cake today. They may regret the Big XII invite if they have a 10 year period like TCU.

2 Likes

Could we create an archive thread with pics of the elite posts?

1 Like

The cries of “The PAC12 Sucks!” are just this year’s version of the “over-rated - clap, clap - clap, clap, clap” cheer.

Nothing says “you suck” like saying “you must be really really bad if even my team beat you.”

Yeah - there are some morons on CB. But they are my morons, so I guess I have to claim them. Even when they’re being morons.

I agree with everything being said about BYU going to struggle to find it’s footing in the B12, and about the rivalry game meaning a little bit less for Utah fans, who are focused on conference games and potential division and conference championships.

Honestly - I do miss the old WAC and MWC days of playing the rivalry at the end of the season with something on the line - as one or the other of BYU/Utah were often playing for conference championship positioning. But I don’t miss the WAC/MWC enough to wish we were going backward instead of forward into the PAC12 and Big12, for each of our teams respectively.

2 Likes

Sure, I sadly have to own my fan-morons too. But to read the nonsense about BYU winning the P12 South. Geeze. I sincerely hope the introduction to the grind of week after week of brutal games awakens your fellow fans.

2 Likes

They should also claim they were last in the Big12 because they went winless in all their games against future conference foes.

10 Likes

My overall take on bY?u fans and CB in particular is a group who desperately want to be the respected cool kid. They flaunt their wealth (real or not), faux sophistication, and better than you morality.

They are not perceived as the cool kid outside of the bubble - just the opposite. The peculiar strange kid, saying and doing things that are a bit “off” and EXTREMELY self conscious of said peculiarity.

They mask their worldly insecurity with this over the top daily confirmation in their own private eco chamber. Little 12 us going to eat the alive… can’t wait.

9 Likes

This is weird - like really weird.

BYU has had a pretty great year for football. Particularly if you include the Big12 invite as part of the year. And while beating Utah was pretty great too - Utah has gone on to have a pretty great year yourselves.

This is what, 3 years in a row of south division champs? I’m not really keeping track. Chance to go to the Rose Bowl on the line this Friday night? Easy to say that both teams have had great years - in spite of some of the heartache that Utah has experienced with the loss of a couple of players. I think both fanbases are pretty happy with where they sit right now.

In fact - I’d even say that USU is quietly having a pretty great year - also in the championship game and looking for a conference banner this weekend.

Seems like both teams had a QB and RB emerge (some more expected than others - Rising/Thomas; Hall/Allgeier) that led to team success with the schedules that the ADs put together. It’s probable that all three Utah FBS teams will get to 10 wins (Utah and Utah St. have 2 more games and are 9-3, BYU bowl game and are 10-2) and all could get to 11 (each team would need to win out)!

Besides head-to-heads which BYU won this year, we all beat or lost to common opponents: all three beat Wash St.; BYU and Utah beat UA, ASU, USC; Boise St. beat BYU and Utah St.; possible that USU loses to SDSU (whom we lost to).

1 Like

That is a kinda crazy. The state of Utah is having a great football year for all their teams.

3 Likes

24 Likes

I’d rather have them lose to a 12-1 Meep Meeps.

7 Likes

BYU is the Rosie Ruiz of college football…run only part of the marathon and try to declare themselves champions. These are a special breed of zoobs we can now refer to as “Rosies”.

For you whippersnappers that are too young to know about Rosie, here’s a little background:

7 Likes

Damn, I forgot about Rosie. Good description of our friends from Provo.

1 Like

I always congratulate my BYU friends on their successful season, and then I tell them that a team has to win more than five games to be PAC-12 champion. They usually shut up after that.

Jeff Grimes has been impressive as the OC Baylor. I’m happy for him that he escaped the weird religious culture of his previous employer and found a home in the much more relaxed secular confines of Waco

:wink:

9 Likes

They are so cute when they grovel and beg…

It’s also cute how Utah doesn’t suck anymore when they try to use it as their “big time” victory.

6 Likes