Our Rose Bowl opponent

This has been discussed on the board a bit, but I thought we might as well have a focused thread for the next few days until we know for sure who it’ll be.

We’re Michigan fans on the B1G title game tonight, unless we want to play Purdue (I don’t).

Here’s one explanation:

USC’s playoff hopes being over is what really helps Penn State. Ohio State will now slide into the last spot in the Playoff, meaning the Nittany Lions are the highest ranking Big Ten team not in the Playoff, meaning they would be given the invitation to the Rose Bowl.

There is one hurdle that still needs to be cleared in order for Penn State to face Utah, and that’s Purdue.

Purdue will face Michigan in the Big Ten Championship on Saturday night, and if the Boilermakers win, they technically have the inside track to make the Rose Bowl considering the Big Ten champion is supposed to receive the automatic tie in.

More here:

https://amp.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article269502727.html

I NEVER will lose my rancor for Penn State. They should really be STATE PEN!!!

1 Like

I believe Penn State really is Penn State.

Oh yeah, and go Purdue!

1 Like

I believe someone was trying to sat PEN State instead of PENN State.

Letter count matters. :wink:

1 Like

The correct term is “Pedo State”.

I will root against Penn State in every game they ever play from now until the end of time. Doubly so against us

That program should have been burned to the f*cking ground for what they did.

6 Likes

I know what you’re saying. I’ll feel OK cheering for Michigan so we get a chance to play Penn State, but I’ll never cheer for Penn State. (State Pen U.)

2 Likes

I’d rather play Ped State, just to beat them. But I’m not going to be disappointed playing Purdue. Whoever ends up there, let’s win. It’s been a while.

4 Likes

Perhaps “PerpState” is a better choice??

3 Likes

So far Purdue is playing Michigan pretty evenly. 7-7 near end of 1st quarter and Purdue is driving (in the Michigan red zone).

1 Like

Michigan started the second half well.

Purdue with a fake flea flicker. I want Utah to steal that play.

1 Like

But you’re ok cheering on scUM despite the sexual abuse of 950 foorball players by Dr. Robert Anderson. Got it.

They dont make them too bright in Utah do they? Must be the inbreeding

LOL USC got Tulane

5 Likes

Did they finally get around to announcing the rest of the NY6?

2 Likes

:smile: Try to keep up, now: I wanted Michigan to win because I wanted my team to play Penn State.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, I guess? What team are you a fan of? Tough to tell from the charm your first post exudes.

6 Likes

nnahs is a recent Dale Carnegie “How to win friends and influence people” course graduate, obviously.

3 Likes

I’m guessing a fan of a certain school whose “Honor Code” has a history of discouraging women from reporting sexual assault for fear of being subject to discipline themselves.

Glass houses and stones. Interesting how those things work.

2 Likes

Fans gotta fan, even if they’re beclowning themselves.

1 Like