Our Offensive Line

You think we were competing with Stanford when Garrett Bolles was at Snow College shopping around for universities to play for?

We should have a top notch Oline every year, but we don’t.

Why? It takes more skill and ability to be an OL than any other position on the field. Getting a good OL is a difficult task. I think a more reasonable expectation is every 2-5 years.

But I suppose if we just wish hard enough maybe you can be right.

1 Like

QBs rarely have more than a couple of seconds to make their reads and throw the ball, no matter how good their OL is.

2 Likes

Lots of slant-and-go routes here and slow developing passing plays.

We have a great Dline every year, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t have a great Oline.

1 Like

DL and OL are completely different beasts.

1 Like

The Polynesian athletes in our state excel at both

you’re a silly person

Just a reminder, for most of the 2008 season, our only DTs were 240 lb true freshman Derrick Shelby and 250 lb Greg Newman. The starters, Lei Talamaivao and Kenape Eliapo were injured. The interior Dline was put together with table scraps while the Oline was the main course, experienced and deep. We had a starting linebacker who was a punter. Undefeated season, Whittingham’s only conference championship.

1 Like

IIRC they pulled the redshirt off true freshman Siliga, and he was the 3rd DT.

Somebody helped me find the total stats; In 2019, out of 395 pass-block snaps, we gave up 119 pressures. This ranks 6th worst in all of D-1 football. Those pass-block snaps include quick throws where pass blocking shouldn’t even be an issue. When you take that into consideration it’s basically a coin flip chance that a real drop back passing play will have disastrous results unless you have a qb like Huntley who has unreal ability and been in the program for 4 years.

Yet UCLA has more kids in the NFL then USC

1 Like