Ok. Enough is enough

We are UTAH.
We have always done the most with what we’ve got. We always will do just that.
In football we have NEVER had a Top Ten recruiting class, but look where we are. We go get the players everyone else overlooks and turn them into the players we need. These guys go on to success whether it’s in the pros or in another profession.

Basketball has been the same. We’ve been down since Big Rick but we still have a couple S16’s in our darkest times. For some, ahem…TDS…, that’s the mountain top. We’ll be back. We have some great Olympic sports programs as well.

As a university our trajectory is up, always up. We’re in the fastest growing state, or one of, in the country. We’re getting bigger and wealthier all the time, every year. Our trajectory is up, always up. This isn’t the kick in the pants that some fear it is. We’re still ascending. We will always be ascending.

Two truisms to keep in mind:

First, the only constant in life is change,
And second, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Both statements are true.
We will continue our ascent. The medium is not important.

1 Like

Agreed! We need to stop moping around. We aren’t the tds. We are better, on an upword trajectory. Stand up and realize we have much to offer. If anything the dust hasn’t settled yet, and this is just the beginning.

3 Likes

Exactly.
When I hear people talk about a ceiling for Utah I just chuckle. We don’t have a ceiling. How high is high? That’s our ceiling.
If we’re left out of this round then it won’t last for long. We will land on our feet because that’s our culture, it’s what we do.

3 Likes

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? Nope!!!

6 Likes

Nothing is ever over. It’s just what’s next.

People need to put on their Big Boy pants.

2 Likes

My ex girlfriend told me it was over, and apparently she was right.

1 Like

So, what’s next?
Did you kill yourself?
Apparently not.

In 2024, I will be at the games and tailgating. We may be playing Idaho State and Wyoming, but I’ll be there.

6 Likes

There’s a saying. Those who are born with money fear to lose it because they usually don’t know how to make it back. But those that earned their wealth always know they can make more.

Utah has fought from the ground up. You think this will stop that? Utah made itself what it is today. They’ll do it again just as they’ve always done.

6 Likes

Well said. We have earned our way. Nothing to fret yet.

2 Likes

Whatever happens, happens. I am sure our programs will still be competitive.

Just wish the price of tickets would a) reflect the actual price per ticket, and b) would not keep climbing up all the time. If I am going to pay $100 per seat per game, I want the stub to say it.

2 Likes

We will always do what we do, kick ■■■ and take names.

2 Likes

President Randall and Mark Harlan are both incredibly ambitious leaders. I don’t see Utah standing still at all as long as they are at the helm. The best is still yet to come.

6 Likes

I would have liked to have created more stories in Utah lore about beating USC and UCLA (and we probably will give them a nice send-off) but I agree with this message. We will survive.

We might not have as easy a time getting the money but whatever. That stuff needs to normalize.

1 Like

This type of arrogance mixed with the fact our final destination is either the MWC or the conference we just spent months laughing at is why they are now laughing at us. Spin it of you want, it’s depressing on many levels.

It is not arrogance. I’m sick of fellow fans acting like we just died. My whole point is that ot isn’t over yet. Or does our championship mean nothing?

My bad. They are in full swing today. Shouldn’t they be focused on something else today :thinking:

1 Like