NHL - release the Kraken

Meh. NHL has had some bad mascot choices in recent expansions. This is not the worst.

https://twitter.com/NHLSeattle_/status/1286334190439395330

the city of Seattle always seems to choose unique monikers. I like that

For anyone not aware, the Kraken is a revered giant sea creature in Nordic folklore… so it’s a nod to Seattle’s heavy Scandinavian heritage and history, a la Minnesota Vikings.

As a Seattleite and a hockey fan it was initially among my least favorite of the options being peddled. I’ll admit I like it though, especially the logo and color scheme. Worst part is that the new arena has such a terrible name (Climate Pledge Arena) that everyone is just going to end up calling it the Krak House.

4 Likes

Sports names end with an ‘s’ - the imagery and the logo are fantastic. The name is catastrophically stupid.

Like the Utah Ja… oh wait.

.:wink:

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

@sweetgrass wins the internet today. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

You know the opposing teams fans are going to roll with that when the Kraken visit. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Anyone catch Stars 5-4 OT win vs Avs?

Kid that scored the winning goal played in 11 games this season and had 1 goal. Today he had a hat trick. :star_struck:

Playoff hockey!

1 Like