NFL draft

The Top two picks in the draft were 0-5 against Utah in their careers

Breaks my heart. FWIW, I wouldn’t feel bad for Williams if Zach Wilson had a better career. I don’t feel much about Daniels, except I’m glad we didn’t have to deal with his mother.

5 Likes

I’m convinced Mel Kiper, Jr is a secret weapon from Big Pharma companies selling high blood pressure drugs.

3 Likes

11 picks in zero defesive players taken so far

6 of the top 15 players taken were from the PAC12 (not including Jayden Daniels from LSU)

2 Likes

Not just went 0-5, but were absolutely owned by Utah defenses. Especially Daniels… he took such epic beatdowns that I legit felt sorry and feared for him.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/scoduckz/status/1783652963317383242?t=CZ_fsahf3OQfDFr8VSsciA&s=19

4 Likes

Cole Bishop is a Buffalo Bill 2nd round

6 Likes

Amen.

2 Likes

Jonah Ellis is a Bronco 3rd round

2 Likes

Kincaid and Bishop, baby.

1 Like

Question…

If Vaki doesn’t get drafted, could he come back to the Utes and play this season?

I know there was an “agent” rule in the past; but with all the things that have changed due to NIL, a lot of college players now have agents.

Something tells me he would get paid better if he came back.

1 Like

As Fletch put it when he was borrowing the sports car the teenager was trying to hotwire: “Relax. There have been some changes in the law…”

With a good attorney, I think Vaki could return as a Freshman.

2 Likes

Buffalo News article

1 Like

Detroit took him the 4th, right about where he was expected to go. Funny thing is, the official NFL draft tracker has him as a RB. He’s obviously a Safety at the next level but it would be cool if he ends up a utility player.

3 Likes

Vaki to the Lions in the 4th.

Detroit has historically been a laughing stock, but with Dan Campbell turning the club around, I think it’s a great fit for Sione.

3 Likes

I think his versatility is a big part of his value proposition - he knows the S position, but he can also play a little on offense, or he might pick up some weight and be a small LB.

The way Campbell goes for it on 4th down a lot, I think Vaki and what he can do will factor into that risk taking culture. The USC game got Sione on the radar, for coaches looking for versatility.

7 Likes

Damn you NFL!!!

I had a perfectly good plan for Vaki coming back and they screwed it up by drafting him.

4 Likes

Pretty sure if you officially enter the draft, you can’t come back period. Even with agents for NIL and stuff now ok.

1 Like

Utes offensive lineman Satoa Laumea goes in the 6th round to Seattle

6 Likes