News of the weird or at least the extremely odd

Per ESPN Teddy Bridgewater was traded to the Broncos from the Panthers, because of Sam Darnold. Nothing too odd there, except Bridgewater was sent to the Panthers from the Jets because of Sam Darnold in 2020.

Now that my come up in some trivia game in the future. I have no clue if something similar has happened in the past.

Carolina Panthers trade QB Teddy Bridgewater to Denver Broncos (espn.com)

This is a weird sequence of events, in which this player stole second base, third base, and home. :baseball:

2 Likes

Damn, that was funny. That’s classic Mets screw up, going back what… 50 years or so?

Another weird highlight play. Cubs vs. Mets:

2 Likes

I just love baseball. High school, college, whatever. What a great game.

Heads up play by the runner. Not so heads up play by the first baseman.

1 Like

Man, that was some heads up playing by the Cubs, in particular Baez.

Yes. What was he thinking? Get the runner at the plate and lets the catcher throw the hitter out at first.

That needed some yakkity sax.

3 Likes

There were 2 outs. Just walk back to first and step on the bag and the run doesn’t count.

2 Likes

It was a headsy play by the batter - not taking anything away from him - but wow what ineptitude by the Mets’ defense. Total comedy of errors.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that. Even dumber and more embarrassing.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was saying about the first baseman not being heads up. He tags the base and it’s over. The runner realizes that he was in front of the bag and draws him away.

What do you like the Yankees or not (I do not) this is an amazing play.

1 Like

Seems it was the baserunner on second who caused the problem.

The Yankees are the zoobs of MLB

2 Likes

Whatever.

Damn Yankees. I hate them with the flaming passion of a million suns.

I’m no Yankees fan, but this is way too generous to BYU.

3 Likes