NCAA Tournament 2022

I hate to say this, but it was more exhilarating to watch that game than any Ute game in the last three years. It was the tourney at its best.

4 Likes

And now Miami goes to the Elite 8. They won 10 games last year.

1 Like

Iowa St. won 2 last year, so either way it was a turn around story. Wish it were the Utes. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

Only one #1 seed made it to the Elite Eight (KU). Either the talent gaps between teams has closed that much, or the talent levels have dropped that much.

Some lower(ish) seeds took awhile to gel in this transfer heavy environment so they don’t have the record to be a higher/#1 seed but meet their higher peak/potential this time of year. There also does seem to be more parity as talent moves fast if they aren’t getting what they want (minutes, $, …)

4 Likes

At first I thought that Villanova’s Justin Moore just screwed up by dribbling too much, then the replay showed his right calf or Achilles pop. As cringeworthy as one can see. Poor kid.

2 Likes

It has been a fun tournament, but ultimately we get three teams to the Final 4 who have been there a million times. Yawn.

2 Likes

Definite yawn. Very boring.

1 Like

Well good for Kansas for coming back from 15 down at the half to win the title. Finally won’t have to endlessly hear about the 1998 title game every single year.

After a rather uncompetitive Elite Eight, and Kansas blowout of Nova, the second semi-final and final were quite entertaining games.

And don’t forget a really cool arrangement of the National Anthem by the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. So much nicer than those long, drawn out, excessive vibrato abominations we normally get.

1 Like

Yikes. Look the the floor warp under Bacot’s foot. Wasn’t there a former UFN member who was invited in the floor installation for the NCAA tournament?

1 Like

Was a shame that Bacot and Love were hurt. (I was amazed that Love stayed out there, obviously in pain, but determined to keep playing.) I noted when Bacot had to limp to the locker room I wouldn’t wish that on ANY team (including BYU and Kentucky).

Wow! That’s simply unacceptable. Very poorly engineered.

3 Likes