My experience at Rice-Eccles Stadium this evening

Utefans has been very fortunate to partner with the Ken Garff University Club and we’ve been given exclusive access to RES in recent months, which has been nothing short of amazing. As I was packing up the last of the production equipment this evening I realized that I was the only person in the stadium, so I decided to take a few moments to take in Rice-Eccles, reminiscing on some of my best memories which had taken place there. There was something so profound and almost sacred about the solitude I experienced gazing out at the field from the South Endzone. I could hear the cheers…the jubilant roaring of the crowd, and I could see the 18-year-old version of myself sitting on the east side of the stadium alone, hoping for a Ute win and feeling so lucky just to have a ticket to the game. I got to interview two of the greatest figures in Utah Football history this evening, but nothing will ever compare to that brief experience I had alone in that dark stadium tonight. It felt like home, and I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next. Go Utes.

Awesome, @Steggys_Mixtapes. Thanks for all you do for the U and for the board. We’d be lost without you.

3 Likes

Those memories are a precious part of why you do what you do for us. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes