Meeting with Robert Johnson

I met with Rojo today and had a great chat with him. He’s very interested in our platform and even mentioned that he used to frequent it during his playing days to “See how (he) was doing”. Robert is one of the kindest and most genuine people you’ll ever meet and he loves our podcast series. I’m looking to get him involved with UF.N and I’m sure he’d come to one of our watch parties. He’s a mensch.

Excellent!

5 Likes

Hard to think of a more prototypical Utah FS than RoJo. I still remember how he would fill the gap on an option like he was shot out of a cannon, like a hawk swooping in for the kill.

One time I was in the San Diego airport with my sons, and RoJo and Darrel Mack happened to be there. Spontaneous hero worship 800 miles from SLC, and both players were awesome, but there was always something about RoJo that lit up the room.

All time great Ute.

6 Likes

Rojo says he appreciates that!

2 Likes

I ll be honest, i read this reply in the voice of Robert speaking in the third person. Made me laugh to myself.

my favorite Robert Johnson play–this is were we could breathe and start celebrating the sugar bowl

4 Likes

I met and spoke with RoJo briefly a couple of times when he was playing for the U, as some friends of ours were a sponsor family for him while he was a student. He is a one-of-a kind GREAT person, and one of my favorite Ute’s of all time.

5 Likes

Too bad the Crossroads Mall isn’t still open. Then you could have met Robert Johnson there.

9 Likes

Excellent!

4 Likes

I wanted to make that joke. You beat me to it. Well done.

4 Likes

We can take joint credit for it, like Newton and
Leibniz with the invention of calculus.

1 Like

You should have flagged a ride.

2 Likes