Looking for some feedback on some ideas

Yes this will be cycling related, but at the same time business related.

I’m contemplating, perhaps more than contemplating doing some rebranding for my company.

The image that I want to project:

• Freedom
  • Strength
  • Durable
  • Tough
  • Unique

To project that I think I want to use imagery and ideas from WWII, but along the lines of the US Army Air Force and USN aircraft names.

Some of the aircraft names that catch my attention:

• B-24 Liberator
  • B-17 Flying Fortress
  • P-51 Mustang
  • F4U Corsair
  • F6F Hellcat
  • P-38 Lightning
  • P-40 Warhawk

A name that has zero to do with aircraft but has older naval connotations for the imagery: Privateer. This also happens to be a renewed breed of bike racer, the more or less non sponsored rider going out and racing high level races.

I think I’ve found a new company name, and web address (available as of today).

Another question that I’ve batted around is incorporating or creating an LLC. In reality I’m leaning this way. If/when I go this route, would any of you be interested in backing this project?

I look forward to reading your feedback.

If this is an inappropriate use of UF.N I understand if this post gets nixed.

Naming bikes works. A number of companies have been doing it for years.

Naming your frame styles after aircraft is an interesting concept - especially in this day and age of composites. Marrying the name based on the metal/composite used in the frame to the aircraft could be a selling point. Figure the P25 Mustang was an aluminum plane. The F15’s and F16’s were an aluminum-magnesium composite. Some of the newer planes and drones are graphite composite.

I say go for it. Have a blast.

My only concern is that (as a 60-year-old guy) I read in a great detail about those planes in respects their relationships to the operating theaters etc… as a child. I worry that a lot of the distinction between say an F4U Corsair versus an older, clunkier P40 might be lost most anyone under the age of 50.
Otherwise, I wish you the very best, hope you’re business thrives, and your bike’s “fly” out the doors🤗

2 Likes

I think Absolute has a point on the age segment. I know these planes, too.

But that said, some cool names that don’t go too heavily on war imagery (which might turn some off).

• Corsair
  • Liberator
  • Mustang

For that matter, more recently:

• Blackbird
  • Falcon
  • Greyhound (speed, baby)

Straying from the WWII / airplane theme:

• Antelope (the 2nd fastest land animal in the world, all over here in the West)
  • Kestrel
  • Goshawk (apex predator in wooded areas, ferocious hunters)

I’ll always vote for the piratical stuff. Privateer and Corsair arrr pretty cool in my mind.