Latest ESPN Bowl Projections

I don’t think we could be so lucky as to get Dead and Co. or anyone else to do the halftime show at our Bowl Game.

3 Likes

Also the ability to play slow ballads and keep tempo without speeding up

1 Like

Since they’ve called it a career, probably not. I’m so glad I got to see at least one of the shows last summer in Boulder. I wish I could have seen all three. It was an amazing experience

1 Like

We skipped out last year, but saw all 5 years prior. Wonderful times! Great mt bikihg out of Boulder.

Our best venue/ D&C show though was the Hollywood Bowl.

1 Like

Does the half-time show last 3+ hours? Because the Dead need 20 minutes just to tune up and chat amongst themselves about the next number…

1 Like

FWIW, my wife, who grew up in a musically inclined family says that West Texas Town of El Paso is 3/4 time. Flamenco is done to 3/4 time, like a waltz. That is now more music theory than I ever thought to know, mostly it just didn’t interest me.

1 Like

From a practical standpoint there is no difference between 3/4 and 6/8. Without seeing how it’s written is impossible to tell just by listening.

I have zero clue. I never learned music, let alone how to read sheet music. I can tell when something is off, but couldn’t tell you why or how.

1 Like

So this is you, essentially.

5 Likes

Yeah, pretty much.

THANK YOU, Marty Robbins…

2 Likes

Sometimes 6/8 is 2 triplets so more like 2/4. Other times coupled notes making it more 3/4. Thatatters when conducting since when it’s fast enough, 6/8 should be broken down to one of those 2 structures.

2 Likes

Exactly. And sadly, though I still root for the Utes, I have a personal ban on Utah for similar reasons.

7 Likes

Final projection of 2023

SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl
Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas)
Bonagura: Maryland vs. Utah
Schlabach: Maryland vs. Utah

archive.today snapshot of ESPN+ article

2 Likes