Larry still recruiting - some speculation

We currently have these guys on our team that are contributing level players: Carlson, Plummer, Jones, Allen, jantunen, Battin (barely)… you could throw brenchley in there I guess. Martinez and larsson might be ready to contribute. Every other player on the team is likely hot garbage.

If you count the guys that played, and the big time recruits, we still barely have a rotations worth of guys who belong on a pac12 roster.

That’s 9 guys. Most tournament teams have 7-9 player rotations. Our problem isn’t the end of the bench. It’s certainly not our walk ons. Our problem is that the front of the bench isn’t good enough.

3 Likes

Do you have Venmo? Maybe UF.N folks would reward you for your efforts.

2 Likes

The act itself is it’s own reward.

I have the bastards down south actually quoting me like I am somehow divinely inspired.

I was inspired by a ■■■■■■■ earthquake and I needed to get the press to actually listen and report good information rather than misinformation. The East Provo types used by comments to teach a theological lesson.

Little do they know they quoted an vaulted up the Utah equivalent of the devil. :wink:

1 Like

9 guys… only 3 or 4 of which are actually proven pac12 level players. We have just as many players on our team that don’t belong as those that do. That won’t necessarily effect the on court product, but it absolutely could… I’m just saying it is indicative of a major problem. Plus, other Good teams have 8-9 guy rotations, plus at least 3 other guys that could give quality minutes if necessary. If Jones goes down, we have no point guard. We had no other point guard last year either (Gach was not a PG). There are too many obvious problems with the team to possibly get to them all… a crappy bench is just one of the problems. We have a wealth of good shooting guards and power forward types, and no depth anywhere else.

I think I’d take Larry as a coach over any of the coaches in waiting on this site.

5 Likes

Fair. I would take many other qualified and capable NCAA coaches over him though. As soon as humanly possible please.

Well, Lieb is out of the picture now. He committed to Illinois this morning.

Larry overbooked us this year and we are still in a spot with 2 spots to fill and slim pickings. Hopefully, we can grab someone who can contribute if a post draft withdrawl flurry happens.

LOL, that’s awfully optimistic of you! honestly, a few weeks ago, I was right there with you, but I can’t stomach the thought of Larry coaching the Utes any longer, not after a very important recruit that was vital to the team’s future success slipped through his fingers.

No you werent.

Actually, I was, maybe it was more like a couple months ago, I don’t remember. I was always optimistic about the future of the program due to Larry’s recruiting. He has since lost credibility in that department as well, and I have lost any and all confidence that he belongs on a basketball court as anything other than a fan screaming at refs.

https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5/status/1276243679129329665

I like the potential of this kid. Good compliment to Payton Sandfort, if we can land him.

Alex Tchikou, a 6’11" PF/C out of Henderson, Nevada has reclassified to 2020. He has some big offers for 2021. I would imagine the Utes will check in.

Still no word on Yor Anei. He was the starting C for OK. St. last year. Good player. I know the Utes were interested. He is a grad transfer with 2 years left. Bailing because OK. St. got hit with probation. Anyone heard anything?

From Jamaica, via North Dakota, 3 years of eligibility. Averaged 18/7.4 as a FR at Williston State, a JC. Lefty.

1 Like

Yay, can’t shoot worth beans, just what we don’t need