LA Rams

I’m not sure what it is, I just don’t like the Rams. I got a grin on my face when I just saw the score with the Whiners up big on the Rams. I make no bones about it, I don’t like the Whiners, but something about the Rams just puts my teeth on edge. Perhaps it’s McVay, maybe it’s something else. The more I think of it, it’s McVay that I don’t like.

Does anyone else feel that way about the Rams, specifically, or another pro team?

Dallas. Hated them since the mid 60’s.

14 Likes

The Lambs, and their “Traveling Show” for free facilities are a real problem for the NFL now. When they broke their lease in The Mausoleum and jumped to Anaheim, luckily the Raiders bailed them out. Then they jumped to St. Louis for a shiny new stadium, leaving Anaheim with a bunch of costs due to the termination of their contract. When they couldn’t get a new stadium in St. Louis, they broke a long term lease to come back to LA. This jump has now landed them (and the NFL) in court. Oakland has used this case as a framework for suing the Raiders too; but given the overall poor condition (and getting worse) of the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum, it is unlikely the City and County can win that case.

1966, to be precise.

1 Like

Wow the Niners really just have the Rams number don’t they.

The Rams’ best tackle tonight:

1 Like

I’m a Rams fan basically because they are in LA. That said, never was very excited about Stafford and I just think their time is passed by after last season. I wish they’d trade him and get a young gun from this draft. I unfortunately think they are going to just ride with the “veteran” team label.

After Big Ben and D. Watson I wrote off most of the NFL. Tua’s situation has made it even worse. It’s strange how out of love I am falling with football as a whole. I still like college but it’s also losing it’s appeal.

2 Likes

Complements of USU ‘s Bobby Wagner

1 Like

Cowboys, lakers , yankees

the holy triumvirate of bandwagon

2 Likes

Or the evil empires as I call them. And you can only be a fan of ONE of those 3. As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I’m stuck on that bandwagon.

Thanks for not mentioning the Dodgers.

:wink:

I hated the Rams’ move to Anaheim, and the move to St. Louis worse. I have forgiven them, however. It is a storied franchise.

I kind of like the Cowboys vicariously through my wife, who latched onto them during the Landry-Staubach era and still hopes they succeed, even though she can’t stand Jerra, I don’t pay much attention to them unless I am in the room when she is watching (and slagging Jerra whenever he is shown on the screen).

1 Like

Jerry is only SLIGHTLY better than Dan Snyder. Jerry’s a good owner, crappy GM. Snyder is just a crappy person, let alone owner.

1 Like

To be fair, Cowboys did do training camp in Oxnard, CA for a long time. Jerry Buss almost bought them. It would be interesting to see if he got them before Jerry Jones.

1 Like

If Jerry ever wants to see the ‘Boys win another Lombardi Trophy, he needs to hire an actual football mind to get the team staffed to win, and get a HC that can coach up the team.

Snyder ought to be required to sell the Commanders. Dude is .over than whale crap on the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

1 Like

And stop trying to coach the team himself.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one. There are many reasons for me, and I’m more “okay-ish” with the NFL than I am college, but I sense a lot more free time in the fall in the future. The NFL has obvious issues that you mention, but at least they are up front about being all about money. I guess I just had my head in the sand thinking we still thought about ‘student-athletes’ in the college ranks.

I may be just thinking this to justify my position, but football is dying. I don’t know if anyone recognizes it now, but with player safety problems, I simply can’t imagine being a football parent right now. And I don’t know that there’s a way to truly fix it. I know there’s risk in everything, but why subject your child to possibly traumatic injury when there’s so many other activities that don’t include that. Organized baseball should be jumping on this right now.

3 Likes

I much prefer just what he is doing. Don’t change anything, Jer.

1 Like

The Rams’ best tackle tonight:

1 Like

Wow somehow I had missed this while controversy a couple weeks ago. Pantsgate.

2 Likes

One of the best to ever do it has retired.

1 Like