LA Coliseum

I’ll try to report back after tomorrow.

The Southern Cal Junior Marching Band is back on their ■■■■■■■■ playing Spirit of Troy on loop because they only know 2 songs.

Also their version of Tusk is pretty mediocre compared to Alabama or even Hillside Middle school playing with classroom instruments.

5 Likes

OveratedU for a reason.

3 Likes

The USC marching band suffers from stunted development because they only know 2 songs…

… much like the FB team got their individual personal development stunted by Lincoln Riley, the quintessential “helicopter mom” who protects his players from facing the media.

Losses suck, they’re part of the game, but USC seems to compound losses through this kind of protective over-parenting.

3 Likes

“Tusk” literally has only five notes. They must be really proud they can do it from memory.

3 Likes

Imagine visiting SC then experiencing the MUSS:

LSU:

Alabama:

Washington:

There are just better environments and it’s not like SC puts dudes in the league like they used to back in the day.

There are some programs that have surpassed the “Old Guard.”

1 Like

If anyone in Vegas cared about UNLV football, they could have the greatest floor show entrance of any team. For a long time their basketball team had the greatest floor entrance in MBB.

UNLV doesn’t even care about UNLV

1 Like

Ha, but don’t forget, at this point, if UNLV can beat AF and Tulane has a hiccup, you could be looking at UNLV as the G5 representative in the NY6. It would be truly hilarious if UNLV does achieve that and they, like Tulane last year, get matched up with USC and beats them the way Tulane did.

1 Like

For context let’s remember one of the greatest teams in college hoops history:

1 Like

I promised a report. Generally a great experience, here’s a few notes:

• Wife dropped me and the kid off on Vermont during a red light about 40 minutes before the game. Quick walk to the stadium and quick through security. An old lady behind us said, ‘you’re supposed to teach him how to he a gentleman’ as the security had me scan my ticket. I guess she expected me to sirupt the flow and let her go ahead. I just told her it’s called a line and I’m following security directions
  • Wandered a little around the ring of concessions but then took the escalator up to our section amd watched warm-ups and pregame
  • Stadium wasn’t ‘as bad’ as some made it out to be. We hit the bathrooms before and after the game. I like the seatbacks and steepness. Rose Bowl was shallower. Arizona is a worse dump (degraded concrete, rust, …)
  • Band wasn’t as bad as I thought. They played a few pop songs, so appears their repetoire is up to 4 :slight_smile:
  • Fans in the 300 section are either ignorant of the game (didn’t understand obvious fouls), cared about insta and snacks more, or were generally cool when you complimented good football plays either way. There was one obnoxious 20-something (waited until they went ahead, but was shut up soon after)
  • I had some good food ideas, but had a big lunch at Kogi Taqueria, so just got a hot dog and nachos (boring fare, but without wandering or going around half the stadium)
  • The torch lighting between 3rd and 4th is cool (historical, but moment of loudness cooler. The horse is cool (not as cool as Ralphie). The dj and ‘let’s get loud in 3, 2, 1’ was dumb and annoying - sad fans had to he told when to be loud

I’d probably go back, but likely won’t even have that chance until super conferences bring some regional sanity back. But 4 in a row and Caleb crying is awesome.

6 Likes

I should have mentioned this much sooner but we have always eaten at the USC cafeterias on campus. GREAT food and all you can eat.
Omelettes made to order, gourmet burgers made to order, deli sandwiches made to order, dessert tables with tons of possibilities. Variety of (non-alcoholic) drinks.
Best of all only $15 per person. The first game ever it was just $10 back in the day. Not crowded. No lines. A hidden gem.

3 Likes

We parked in the blue underground parking garage last night. Bought the ticket for $80 on Friday through StubHub. It’s right next to the stadium.
We were on the road and tooling down the 110 fwy in moments. Worth every penny.

4 Likes