Just a fun reminder of 54-10

He was so incapable of falling on the ball or even pushing it out of the end zone for a safety. Reminded me of the Simpsons episode where Bart has the chance to catch the game ending pop up and ends up stumbling and kicking the ball all over the field until all of the base runners and batter score to win the game.

2 Likes

Yeah. I wonder why he actually jumped over the ball in the end zone. The only thing I can think is that he was afraid of being in a pile. He showed that later when he fumbled on the five. There was a huge pile up and he was seen just walking away from the pile.

1 Like

Bart had a better shot at the NFL as well.

1 Like

Still one of the best moments of the Utah-BYU series - I never get tired of watching this moment or any other of that game.

As for Heaps, it’s almost gratuitous to play Yakety Sax during this action - he does enough on his own to create pure comedy.

2 Likes

Is this one on YouTube? I’ve wanted to watch it again.

Sad that even that one wasn’t as satisfying at Oregon 2015. Literally everything worked.

2 Likes

Dunno. It might be on BYU TV it was at RES-South.

1 Like

I watched this on BYUTV last week

2 Likes

The funniest fumble, fart, and fall over I have ever seen in a football game.

In the lore of the series, it will go down as the first time one of the teams actually mentally destroyed the other team’s QB. After that game, Heaps was never the same player, regardless of team he went to.

It’s not often you see a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct for just sucking at the sport so badly.

3 Likes