John Pease passed away

Sad news. He was one of the good ones.

My condolences. I have heard nothing but good things about this man. Dance on my friend.

5 Likes

Agreed, only heard good things and really enjoyed all his interviews. RIP

7 Likes

Quotable: At the presser when John came out of retirement to coach the DL: "… and besides, you can only watch Law and Order so many times"

Before he came we used to flip the DEs, strongside & weakside, if the TE flipped. We got caught a few times not fully set.

John brought an NFL sophistication & maturity to our DL, and we don’t flip DEs anymore.

4 Likes

John was an institution inside Utah Football. I hope they can do something appropriate to honor him and his work.

5 Likes

John was a terrific person. Always treated me well. Had th opportunity to take a few runs with him at Solitude a couple of years ago. I know KW really relied on him at camp to watch from the SEZ and provide his analysis of line play.

3 Likes

Really nice guy. Had a brief chat with him after we got whooped by ASU in 2018. He told me he would have just put our best corner on that one stud receiver the entire game.

3 Likes

I saw him all the time in the weight room at Steiner. He stopped coming during covid, then started up again a little while ago. he was always great to talk to and pass the time with. He thought we are going to be really good this year…

3 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes