Jedd Fisch to UW

Now the Arizona, Alabama and Washington portals are all open

I don’t feel about about AZ at all. They talked a lot of trash the one good year they had so I’m ok if they’re a flash in the pan.

3 Likes

He had a squad this year and looked like it would be good. Not now. It’s about to get ugly. Alabama is losing guys right now but it’s more depth. I wouldn’t be shocked to see UW and Alabama poach some Zona dudes

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1746663276954423802

And we have a tip on who will replace Fisch.

This week will get crazy if Harbaugh goes to the NFL.

1 Like

it suddenly seems like Fisch was promoted from the G league of college football

How long until Fifita and the WR enter the portal and head to Seattle?

Or Tuscaloosa. Texas was tampering with our WR room so we have some spots.

It’s not always about Alabama.

3 Likes

“We?” Wrong fan board.

4 Likes

This year’s carousel has at least been entertaining. Seeing the retirements and moves, just different.

After much consideration, I still think we should RUTS relentlessly against UA next fall if we get the chance. Guilt by association.

6 Likes

I agree. I still hate Georgetown in basketball even though the folks that I didn’t like are long gone.

1 Like

Quite a few AZ fans claimed we ran up the score against them the year prior. I don’t recall that but I’m looking for someone here to correct my memory if I’m wrong. Regardless, I hate AZ and agree with your conclusion. That deep route when the game was no longer in doubt is seared into my memory.

6 Likes

Pretty sure this hire happened because of it, no?

1 Like

I’m not going to find my reading glasses for this, Jedd. Congrats or I’m sorry. Whatever fits what he wrote:

2 Likes

Well, well, well. At least Arizona FB fans can now fully commiserate with us 20 years later about how Urban Meyer treated US.

I was AT that College Game Day live show outside RES (which was f***king about 30 degrees) when he was asked while op on the little fake field stage about the rumors surrounding Florida,etc. He told us… TO OUR FACES, literally, that he wasnt going anywhere. 2 weeks later, or whatever…

So we now have something to bond us together as we wander off to Big 12 life… even if there’s still the acrid flavor of their pointless humiliation. Or we could just rub it in and point out the Karma of it all LOL.

3 Likes

Let’s hope they don’t have their version of a Whitt to carry on the work. (I think with the Portal and NIL, what Whitt did becomes more unlikely, nowadays.)

Fisch made Wonderbread in Tucson, which is notable, but now it’s a tiny, soft marble of… something.

Arizona will have maybe 17 fans at the game in RES this year. We have nothing on U of A compared to Beavs fans, who are watching their entire team leave town after spending $150M on a (really nice) stadium makeover, when the Wildcats play in the football version of Derks Field.

Crazy days in CFB.

3 Likes

That’s nonsense. Utah led 28-10 at halftime. The Utes got one field goal in the 3rd quarter, and scored two touchdowns in the 4th, one a pass to Yassmin (10 play drive, 7 of them called running plays) and one a 2 yd run by Charlie Vincent with 4:10 to go when we were trying to run out the clock and Arizona couldn’t make a tackle (a 7 play drive with 6 of them runs - 5 by Vincent, and an unsportsmanlike penalty on a UA player). UA scored twice after that (a safety and a TD+2) to close it out. That most definitely does not meet the definition of running up the score.

4 Likes

If this is true I don’t understand it.

2 Likes

It can’t be true. Could it?

4 Likes