Jazz make it 8 in a row

Overcoming the sixers blistering start to defeat the Sixers 134 to 123.

What a season for the Jazz. I haven’t really been able to see them play since they aren’t ever on national TV. I have a feeling they will be like last year’s Bucks - amazing regular season but not quite enough star power for the playoffs. It would be fun if I’m wrong though.

I enjoy this Jazz team, it’s nice to see D Favors back, he could provide a good lift in playoffs if Gobert does playoff-Gobert again.

I’ll be happy if Jazz make it to the finals, but if they don’t I’ll be humored by watching Jazz fans blame the refs.

They’re a load of fun to watch. Winning makes it easy to have fun, and you can tell they’re having a lot of fun. The coolest thing to watch is the unselfishness. One really gets a sense of focus on winning rather than individual stats with these guys. It’s refreshing.

2 Likes

Had great results against some of the best teams in the East. Now we have 3 out of 4 against teams from the City of Angels.

Feel bad for Jazz fans not from the local area as we don’t get the national TV like some of the other big name franchises do.

It’s getting annoying. Go Lakers! Lol

Any chance you followed the Colonels back in the ABA years BamaFanNKY? They had some great teams and the Utah Stars won a great 7-game series in the final against them when Dan Issel was just a rookie.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. I was born in 1977 so my childhood was Showtime Lakers. My family moved me to Ketucky for last three years of HS. Then I went to college and married someone from here.

That being said I worked for the UK Radio Network during the Pitino and Tubby years. Got to meet Artis Gilmore and Dan Issel and heard those stories. I also live now next to WKU and got to know the Supersonics Big Jim McDaniel.

1 Like

Born in San Berdu, raised in Happy Valley. Used to listen to the LA teams play on a GE Super Radio on KFI. Grew up hearing Chick Hearn, Don Drysdale, and the Great Vin Scully. When we were lucky enough to get the Bay Area skip, we listened to Raider games,

The Jazz are the home team, but the “Lake Show” is the legacy.

1 Like

I can’t think of another great sports radio market than LA IN THE 1980s.

1 Like

Jazz getting some well known fans coming out of the woodwork.

3 Likes

Maybe for a dead parrot?

1 Like
2 Likes

He is singing with the choir invisible.

2 Likes

I have a feeling they will be like last year’s Bucks - amazing regular season but not quite enough star power for the playoffs.
[/quote]

I would compare the Jazz more to the Pistons of the early 2000’s. Great team basketball with just enough star power and all the right parts. With a coach who’s organized those parts in a way that makes them legit contenders.

They have,
-A show stopping defender who’s offense is underrated if you only focus on scoring.
-An electrifying athlete who’s also a clutch performer.
-Good to great 3 point shooters up and down the roster.
-The 6th man of the year.
-Role players that have totally bought into their role and depth very few teams can match.
I only worry about the 3 point strategy, they’re great at it but a live by the sword die by the sword warning seems appropriate.

Jazz got all the daka now they just need more daka. SCORCH THE NETS!!!