Is this really a big deal in Utah?

Astro and Atlantis are the other two.

2 Likes

Thank you, been awhile since I paid close attention.

1 Like

UH… THat may be the officail church line, but given the insane explosion of coffee places in the last 20 years (I think Utah is actually one of the nation’s leaders per capita) that would NOT be a hindrance to donut chains.

Crown vs Apollo/Astro/Artemis/Atlantis burger wars

Not sure if there are more coffee shops ( the ‘Dutch’ whatever their name is have been popping up all over) or soft drink places. I for one tend to just drink my coffee at home (a lot cheaper) Helps to work at home of course.

When I did work in Lehi, the Starbucks near our office always had a huge line in the morning. My wife who I commuted with (worked across the road at the time) noted that perhaps lots of them were hiding their coffee consumption from their spouse/family by buying it on the way to work.

1 Like

I grew up in a pretty decent size Mormon area of the Inland Empire in California. But admittedly have spent a small amount of time in populated areas of Utah. Another reason I appreciate this board to correct me on the culture in the state.

1 Like

I would love to see the marketing material for a fast food place called “Sheetz”.

1 Like

They rarely talk about their fuels. Billboards attest to their food, the timeliness of said food, that food is available 24hrs/day 7 days/week. IMO is average fast food fare. They offer a pretty big variety of stuff, but it’s average at best. They have a competitor, WaWa, that isn’t in this part of NC as of yet. Never been to a WaWa. I suppose the Utah or Western equivalent is Maverik, at least the larger Maveriks.
https://www.sheetz.com/

Wait till you visit the Ozarks region.

1 Like