INexpressable Joy.. after 33 years of waiting. Maradona smiles down

Gentlemen and Ladies, I just don’t have proper words right now - within the last couple of hours SSC Napoli - the club of Maradona’s pinnacle years, have clinched the Italian Championship ( know as Scudetto the little shield the champion wears) for the first time since 1990 [I was at the stadium that day and will never ever forget it]. :boom: :dizzy: :right_anger_bubble: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :medal_sports: :trophy:

The entirety of Southern Italy will celebrate on some level that the hated Northerners have finally been vanquished again. Ironically the game was played in Udine (up near Slovenian border)… as far from Naples as you can get in the league!

Here’s a great BBC article explaining why this will mean so much to the downtrodden city/region, and by extension all of the “Mezzogiorno” region of Italy - the former Kingdom of Naples/Two Sicilies conquered and unified to rest of Italy in 1860 era. The Northeners of Torino stripped all the wealth/treasure from Naples and sent it north, and the south has never fully recovered.

I’ll talk more about this later when I have stopped figuratively screaming at my computer and being hit by waves of happy crying. LOL :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: