Independence Bowl

Excellent!

1 Like

HA! Any MASH quote will get a star from me.

That would be great on movie nights.

3 Likes

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'How BYU sees themselves! themselves! rest of the How the world sees BYU'

8 Likes

Wow. Someone’s been working out.

1 Like

3 Likes

Hell, they threw Lavell under the bus after Year 1 of Crowton!

Vicious, delusional fanbase. Crowton, Bronco, who they wheeled and turned on (even more) when he bailed to UVa, like some kind of psycho ex-wife who couldn’t tolerate her ex moving on. The gnashing of teeth about the UAB embarrassment is still within the honeymoon of getting into the B-12.

It’s 100%, absolutely guaranteed they’ll turn on Sitake when they get in the Big-12 and there are a couple of inexplicable road losses every year.

We underestimated the talent gap - especially depth - required to go through a PAC season. In hindsight, we navigated that transition as well as anyone could have imagined. (The other G5 graduate: TCU - Patterson, canned, even being in talent rich Texas and not having to travel near as far as BYU will.)

We always had the fact we were in the club to cushion the leaner years.

Just like with independence, I promise in 4 years there will be Yners asking (again) exactly why they didn’t get into the PAC over Utah when it becomes apparent their chances of running the tables in the B12 are near zero.

It’s all easy, free entertainment for us!

5 Likes

It’s the Big 12-6. Or is it better to say:

“Big 12 minus 6”?
Or the Big 6+?
The Remaining 6+?
The Leftover 6+?

Lots of possibilities.

5 Likes

I agree and on the plus side I don’t believe byu is ever going to catch up to the talent in the B12 the way the Utes were able to, so we will get to see them spin off into oblivion. The whiniest of those cheap whiney bastards will demand the firing of every coach they have.

All that said, byu is on a major roll in a lot of their sports. This is their peak and the inevitable tumble will be very entertaining.

1 Like

The BIG12 minus 2 to actually make it 10 for years minus 2 more plus 4 G5 to get back to actual 12 teams. Boy, that’s a mouthful.

2 Likes

The Big Twelve, Sort Of

3 Likes

I did love when Larry Scott said that the PAC10 would become the PAC12 because we can do math (dinging the B1G going to 14 and BIG12 sticking with the 12).

2 Likes

if I’m a BYU fan, I’m nervous about Kalani.

He’s now lost games against UAB, Coastal Carolina, Hawaii, Toledo, Northern ILL and South Florida over the last 4 seasons.

Its a good thing he beat Utah this year or he’d be on the hot seat today.

4 Likes

smedium 12

6 Likes

The Little 12

3 Likes

Err… when it comes to the “Big12”, the only number you’ll really need to remember is G6.

3 Likes

Given the overall lack of compactness of their footprint, might “Traveling 12” be more appropriate?

CowTown 12?

4 Likes

This one seems accurate.

Question: The reconstituted Big12 will have one real blue blood in basketball in Kansas, who will they have in football that would be considered a real blue blood?

how about:

The Big12 minus blue bloods?

1 Like

Maybe Kansas should go independent in basketball.

4 Likes

I am not concerned about what that basketball conference calls itself. I spent hardly any time worrying about the Catholic 7 buying the name to the Big East Conference, and I went to law school at one of those schools.

1 Like