In the vein of "that's pretty cool" I give you

I’m not a biologist, let alone have a ton of knowledge on how the heart works and what can fix it when broken. I stumbled across this when just avoiding work.

This may have some good long term help for heart patients. I suppose part of the lesson is, go enjoy special time with your spouses.

Very cool.

Oxytocin has long been known as a hormone that binds people together. Moms & kids, couples, etc.

Nice to know they’re finding a therapeutic effect, too.

1 Like

Here I though it was beer. :wink:

4 Likes

It is.

2 Likes

Not as cool as Oxytocin findings, but Economist magazine had a podcast this week on the state of research of hallucinegenics as therapy for depression, PTSD, etc.

A lot of research in the UK, but there’s research happening here in the US, and at the U, as well.

LSD, mushrooms, some other native psychedelics, ketamine.

The findings are encouraging, for some people going through that kind of experience (with guidance, of course) apparently re-wires the brain and helps people avoid harmful thought patterns, helps them break out of limitations they’ve accumulated in the synaptic networks in their brains.

Maybe Timothy Leary was right. Oh geez.

4 Likes

Yeah, in the 60’s, that was what was known as “doing your own research”.

2 Likes

Timmothy Leary was an egoist and ruined his career to become a minor celebrity and star-focker.
The reasearch is compelling and well corroborated by multiple, independent investigators and academic institutions.

1 Like

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.

2 Likes