In honor of baseball: our Utes, Minor Leagues, and the Majors

Let’s have some fun finding songs and skits about baseball.

I’ll start off with a video from John Fogarty:

I can think of a bunch more, but I’d like to see what everyone else can find.

Th obvious one for a skit

5 Likes

As a long suffering Cubs fan this was a favorite.

2 Likes

It’s probably not appropriate for this fine establishment, but one scene stands out from Bull Durham. I’ll use one word as a clue. Lollygaggers.

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Some great scenes (many NSFW) in that movie. “Coach they’re kids, you just need to scare them”

2 Likes

Going out on a limb here and saying Bruce Springsteen wasn’t a baseball player. The guy has a great voice though.

1 Like

Macklamore is a Mariners fanatic. Started with his dad…My Oh My.

3 Likes

And should’ve posted this on Sunday…

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s more seats than fans that will attend. :wink:

So the A’s will be a Triple A team playing against MLB teams - great. Since the only way they will be able to afford to spend two years in Suckremento is to fire sale the team and the farm system, the franchise will likely end up setting Hall of Shame Records during that time.

Given that reality, I don’t know what the Mayor of Las Vegas is bitching about. What they will be getting will be essentially an expansion franchise.

2 Likes

Maybe they can play the AAA Saber Cats (Giants affiliate) they will share the stadium with - who knows how competitive they will be. I think it’s at least 3 years until the LV stadium can be done … The owner of the Saber Cats (same guy who owns the NBA Kings) hopes that this experience will help Sac-city get an expansion team by proving how great it is, but seems like other western teams are probably higher on the potential landing spots for one.

1 Like

According to the article, a big driver of the decision for Sacramento was the ability to retain much of their current TV revenue. I wonder how many fans will continue to tune in knowing they will be moving in a few years.

1 Like

Sad how far the Athletics have fallen. I remember their great teams from the 70s with Sal Bando, Jesus Alou, Bert Campaneris, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, Rollie Fingers, Reggie Jackson, Gene Tenace (from the top of my head) who won 3 titles in a row.

2 Likes

I feel badly for the people of the East Bay. They’ve lost all three major sports teams. All those teams won multiple championships and have had great fan support.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/JustBB_Media/status/1776354699903447385?t=jJBepstjSiKrQ5L77y3HBQ&s=19

weird

4 Likes