In case your care…

Real Salt Lake, after taking no shots on goal during regulation, beats Seattle FC on penalty kicks to advance to the Western Conference Semifinals.

I thought that they were having issues even getting to the MLS playoffs. Obviously, I don’t pay close attention to MLS, let alone Real SL.

Good for them, glad they got in and are able to advance.

1 Like

They had to beat Sporting KC on the last day of the regular season to get into the playoffs.

So you’re saying there’s a chance. I don’t really follow the futbols. The closest I’ve come in the last several tears is Ted Lasso. But good for them.

They scored the game winner against SKC with seconds left in stoppage time to make the playoffs, and then upset Seattle on the 6th PK after OT.

Great for RSL, but the concern is that they will hire Pablo full-time after this. I am not saying Pablo COULDN’T end up be a good coach for RSL, but there have been some head scratcher results since he took over. Not to mention that we were outshot 21-0 in this game; you sure as hell aren’t going to win many games that way.

Regardless, hopefully RSL can keep the magic/luck going against SKC.

My grandfather taught me that soccer in the US was the manifestation of a commie plot. I’ve seen nothing to dissuade me about that.

1 Like

I think the 21 shot discrepancy was by design. Real is weak to the counter. Real weak.

I get sitting players deep and not getting defenders forward, but when you don’t get a single shot on goal, and only 1 corner?

Idk. They ember even looked to attempt a shot.

Missing Rusnák to COVID protocols shouldn’t have had that big an impact on the attack. They fact they phoned it in and played turtle ball is a bit concerning.

Real just beat Sporting KC. 2-1.

Next stop, the Western Conference Finals @ Portland.

3 Likes

Crazy! The last second goals RSL has scored in the past 3 games to stay alive is awesome!

1 Like