I am furious at the University of Utah

I had kind of read a few articles about the Lauren McCluskey tragedy a few years ago, but I really didn’t get into detail. Until now.

I finally got to watch the 30 for 30 documentary on ESPN about Lauren. And I am beyond livid. The next time someone from the U asks me for a donation, I’m going to forward to them a link to this story. And then tell them to F themselves.

In essence, it appears that the U did everything it could to NOT protect Lauren. I’m glad that her family sued the F out of the University. I just wish the settlement was for $1 billion in cold hard cash. Then the SLC police should be sued and everyone who didn’t do anything be arrested and sent to prison for the rest of their lives.

And that idiot President of the University who said that there was nothing they had done that contributed to Lauren’s murder. What a load of horse manure.

Of course, this is a state that doesn’t think women are important. They let LDS sects rape young girls. The let a physician who assaulted 90 women go free.

I’m sure I’ll get over all of this. But I am angry.

Don’t necessarily be made at the school, but definitely the police force for the U. The ball was dropped so many times with them in regards to Lauren.

We had a big discussion awhile back, and many of us advocated for the U to use the SLCPD instead. Sadly the U didn’t go that route, but don’t be shy about your ire to the Univ PD.

1 Like

The biggest pile of horse ■■■■ to me is that the incompetent campus police got rewarded with a brand spanking new public safety building!! Last year I was talking to one cop who had the audacity to complain that it’s not a real police station since there are so many civilians working there. I didn’t want to cause a scene so I kept my mouth shut but I sure wanted to let him have it.

4 Likes

Police Services should be provided by an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with the SLCPD. It is the only way to provide the type and level of policing the campus needs.

4 Likes