I 15 Construction?

Are they ever going to finish construction on I 15 north of Provostan, or is this just a permanent jobs creation thing?

I think it is scheduled to be finished in February 2027. Or maybe later.

2 Likes

Lovely. Seems like they’ve been working on it for years.

1 Like

You know guys, if it weren’t for road construction we would only have one season every year…winter.:wink:

1 Like

Drove it earlier today. Really a mess between Lehi and American Fork

1 Like

I’m starting to think when they put out those orange barrels they ought to put them in planter boxes filled with flowers so we can at least have something to look at while we’re stuck in the never ending traffic jam.

Not sure whee i heard it but some discussion about how the original plans didn’t account for the population explosion in Lehi and Saratoga. Each time it gets redesigned the plans are already outdated. Truly terrible planning by udot

1 Like

Isn’t UDOT and planning an oxymoron.

2 Likes

For the record, we were driving down from our ranch in Stevensville, MT to Fullerton, CA. This section of the 15 and a section in Brigham city, were the only traffic we encountered the entire trip down. The Wasatch Mountains were beautiful, but hard to enjoy while driving through that mess and I swear it’s been that way for years.

I work in Silicone Slopes they keep on building one structure after another, each one adding 100s more workers that mostly work 9-5 and all getting on/off the freeway at the same time. Each year it get worse.

I think the opposite. All the time sitting on the freeway helps me stare at the mountains more. Maybe that’s the plan?

1 Like

Endless sprawl has ruined Utah. Some simple smart growth measures and greater investment in transit, plus a realization by the masses that not everyone needs a quarter-acre lot would have prevented this. Instead, the Wasatch Front is Los Angeles north and nothing will fix it now. Enjoy your inversions and endless traffic. I’m so glad to have left when I did.

4 Likes