How stupid are the Jazz?

Yes, the Jazz are going to suck and as long as they keep selling out the stadium - they won’t care.

3 Likes

Not even close to a accurate but you do you

2 Likes

Okay. Is Smith not the primary entity behind their coach’s contract and the NIL for the players?

2 Likes

The money he may eventually get for the entertainment district is not from SLC, per se, but rather from the legislature.

But, by all accounts, the deal is a good one for everyone. Events at the DC are the biggest revenue dates for SLC, so doubling those dates and keeping them in the city for at least 30 years is a no brainer.

So is the ticket fee kicking money back to the city.

And, the money SEG gets isn’t a lump sum.

It really has little to do with what Ryan Smith does with NIL, if anything he’s actually spending more now than he was even 6 months ago.

And long term having a successful SLC, with pro sports teams, helps the U immensely

3 Likes

Who cares? It’s his money. He’s a multimillionaire and would be no matter what happened with his investments into pro teams and their infrastructure. He’d be donating millions to BYU regardless.

Second of all, these pro teams and entertainment districts are civic investments. You don’t want some invester having ALL the power in these scenarios. If they provide ALL of the money, they have your community by the balls.

The community needs to have some say and skin in the game and that comes through financial investment. So, it’s not bilking (and don’t get me wrong, it CAN be and HAS BEEN bilking for some in the past), but when done properly and above board, it’s a shared investment — as it should be.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t care, I was just being snarky & perhaps a bit jealous that Utah basketball doesn’t have a billionaire to fund the NIL.

1 Like

My snark-detection meter has been acting up this summer. I promise I’ll get it fixed soon.

2 Likes