Hotel rates in Vegas

Has anyone seen the rates for hotel rooms next weekend? Most between $500 to $800 a night :flushed: a motel 6 in the crack district is going for over $300. Might have to get a room in Primm and Uber in to Vegas

I agree. The combo of the NFR rodeo and a home Raiders game are helping to set sky high prices.

1 Like

One of the more viable options at this point is to get a Vrbo… particularly if you have 4+ people (although last I heard there were still some decent 2-person places too). Yeah I work in the lodging tech industry.

I took a lesson from last year and booked a cancellable hotel room months in advance this time. Feels like the CCG is really becoming an annual thing… what a great reflection on the state of our football program.

8 Likes

That and tickets. The U got allotted 3900 seats after having sold 8100 last year. WTH?

2 Likes

They’re sold in batches. Utah sold the first. Such then requested a second last year. If Utah sells the 3,900 they can again ask for more.

I will definitely do that for next year. Hotel prices are what blew our budget.

This is why it’s hard to like humans.

The situation gets more complicated by Raider fans who have first refusal rights on their season ticket.

2 Likes

Room still available at the State Line ( Primm Valley Resort ) $169 a night. Its about a 30 minute drive to Vegas

Email I just got:

Due to extraordinary demand and limited inventory made available to us from the Pac-12 Conference, we regret to inform you that we will not be able to offer additional tickets for sale through our ticket office for the Pac-12 Football Championship Game.

A limited number of tickets are still available for purchase through the Pac-12 at the link below.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process.

Go Utes!

1 Like

I have 4 Raiders PSL lower bowl seats and they don’t give us a right of offer for the same seats to the PAC12 Championship game.

1 Like

Hmm, I have friends that have them and they get the option.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s disappointing and totally ridiculous. The conference really needs to rethink their arrangements here. I can’t think of why a minimum of 8500 seats per school aren’t reserved for them to sell.

We’re going to risk it and see if the people gouging have to drop their asking prices.

4 Likes

We’re so low on the donor list we figured we wouldn’t get tickets, so we bought upper bowl tickets yesterday through ticketmaster. We bought 3 tickets at $46 each. As of right now the cheapest option for 3 seats is $102 each for tickets. Hopefully for your sake, prices drop by Friday and you get tickets at a decent price.

Not having a larger allotment for each school is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Last year I waited until game day morning and got 2 tix on the 47 yd line for $165 each.

1 Like

Might be more USC fans this year than there were Duck fans last year, or possibly just a lot of re-sellers. The conference really seems to have botched getting better ticket allotments to the schools on this one.

2 Likes

Does kind of stink when one team clinches a week before - fans get a jump on tickets

1 Like

Reminds me of the Vegas Bowl when we were forced to play byu-provo. They were tied into that bowl and bought a lot of the tix well before we found out we had to play there.

2 Likes

[quote=“HoopUte, post:13, topic:7948”]

Hmm, I have friends that have them and they get the option.

[/quote] Clarification on my post as a Raiders PSL holder. I was referring to the exact same seat as a Raiders game. They offer a limited prepurchase opportunity for PAC12 Championship seats back in July but not the exact same seats. It appears a lot of PSL holders have taken that option and now are looking to resell them, in the exact same manner they just flip Raiders tickets to out of state visitors.
1 Like