Hoops signing!

Given his height, I think his bounce is average – I think his aggressiveness in finishing makes his bounce more pronounced. My 2 pesos. Has a pretty good set shot – smooth & high release – not sure about his jump shots.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SBartle247/status/1288624867781177344?s=20

Norbert is a higher rated prospect than Caleb Lohner…you hate to see it!

3 Likes

I would rather have lohner now than The Windmill later. We need that position this season. But I’m glad Windmill is highly rated.

1 Like

Don’t really care about jump shots tbh. It really is hardly ever necessary in today’s game. Taking a step back is just as effective as a jump shot in creating space.

Newman said on twitter that Norbert will be attending the U this academic year online from the Netherlands and will join the team next year. Barring any last minute transfers, this will be the first time since 2016 that we have started an academic year with the full 13 scholarships being used.

When I wrote “…not sure about his jump shot”, I meant I don’t know anything meaningful about it. I don’t really care about it.

I know. You said his set shot is good, but you didn’t know about his J. I just don’t think his jumper really matters.

His rating is highly suspect. Nobody knew anything about him until he signed with the Utes. Lohner is a proven prospect. Norbert doesn’t even have a composite rating. Also, lohner WAS a 4* prospect for a long time. Don’t know when or why that changed.

I don’t disagree. At the same time, you could argue that about most prospects. Ratings are all based on film, and there’s just as much or more film available on a guy like Thelissen as there is on any domestic player. Nobody ever bothered to rate him as a US CBB prospect because they didn’t know he’d be one.

I’d question how legit Lohner’s rating is or ever was… obviously the services determined the initial ratings were not done very diligently since they all started downgrading him. You can’t convince me that he actually regressed.

Hahahahahha!

This, right here, is a really bad case of LDS…Larry Derangement Syndrome.

You don’t have a clue whats gone into rating Norbert or Caleb. You just hate Larry.

2 Likes

That’s not true. I’ll admit that, as someone above mentioned, lohner’s 4* rating may have been the result of a lack of research… but it is obvious in looking at recruiting sites that Norbert has had VERY little attention, and all of it has come after he signed with Utah. If he signed with an mwc team his rating would be worse.

So he’s on scholarship and redshirting from Holland? Isn’t the point of a red shirt year to get him some experience, practice, and time in the weight room? Can he play any organized ball in Holland during this redshirt year?

It’s pretty clear that CCB rankings are less thorough than CFB. This means that rankings are less accurate, and that a new ranking will affect the overall ranking more.

Furthermore, I’m sure that if I were to remove my excessively strong dislike of Larry from the equation I would probably like this kid

Could be pandemic related. Who knows. Sounds like there will be an article going into further detail coming to the trib in the next week.

Buddy…youre making a big deal about a ranking of a player that has committed to your school and saying its too high for no other reason than you dont like the head coach and are looking for anything to make your point stick. If thats not deranged, I dont know what is.

1 Like

It is pandemic related. Him apparently staying remote is in line with the academic structure and accommodations that are in place at the U this fall. As far as how that’s supposed to work with redshirting and bball practice etc… no idea. Sports are all a hot mess anyway and probably will be until at least spring. You have to wonder if there will be a CBB season at all.

I didn’t say it is too high, I just doubt it’s legitimacy.