Holiday music 2020

Yeah, “Wonderful Christmas Time” is an awful song. I don’t agree on “Little Drummer Boy”, however. With the right singer I think it’s a good listen. I do wonder why anyone would think it’s a good idea to play a drum for a newborn infant. That seems like a bleeding idiotic thing to do.

I would like to add that Yoko Ono almost single handedly ruins “Happy Xmas (War is Over)” with her awful singing in the chorus. I listen to the Sarah McLachlan version so I don’t have to hear Yoko.

4 Likes

Absolutely great jazz album. I play this record more than any other music at Holiday time.

Most of my favorite pieces of Christmas Music, are the songs by classical composers that I think of as Catholic Christmas Music, because I became familiar with most of them at church. And while I get tired of some other forms of Christmas music, I never get tired of these.

The first, is a performed by a great guitarist form Las Vegas, who studied among other places at the U, and who is performing this beautiful Schubert piece at the Cathedral of the Madeleine in SLC.

The second is a stunning performance of a great guitar arrangement of one of the most beautiful and ancient Christian songs.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

I’m going to have to watch this one a few more times before I can grasp it.

Love this version the most (and he actually wrote the tune)
It’s wonderful to play on piano

2 Likes

Damn you! I’d forgotten that song 11 months ago!

1 Like

It’s a good song, you grinches.

1 Like

One of my favorite versions of this song.

Pentatonix - Hallelujah

2 Likes

Many will like this. Leonard Cohen would not. I like listening to it once a year.

1 Like

Classic.

We go to the Madeline Choir School performance every Christmas Eve. It’s sublime.

1 Like

Maybe it’s my family and neighborhood but Donny Hathaway, Kenny and Dolly and obviously this one makes Christmas perfect.

Also, this album from the last decade is fantastic:

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

There, I fixed it for both of you.

3 Likes

2 Likes

It wouldn’t be Christmas if I didn’t biatch about KISS…

Now here’s one I really like

4 Likes

I’ve always considered this a Christmas song.

2 Likes

Here’s some feel good Christmas music for ya. :slight_smile:

(seriously though, I absolutely love this song)