Heard a rumor

Yeah, the experience & maturity were apparent. I agree with getting Lahat some quality time - he’s seriously beefed up. Carlson has better definition, looks like he’s been there before, I think he’ll take a step up.

Pelle is a plug & play, looks & plays like a Jr.

Attacking the UW zone is a specific game plan - hopefully we see Kellier soon, and more of Martinez. Develop the depth.

We did see kellier, he scored on a jump hook late in garbage Tim (#10). He airballed the same shot earlier

Martinez…people online were hyping him to no end up to a year ago. Now he’s another reminder of how tricky basketball scouting is.

Did we hire his dad in order to land him?

Yes we did. That being said, who is claiming he isn’t going to be great? I think he would have benefited from a proper preseason. He’ll be fine, just needs to get his feet wet.

I’m hoping that our coach actually plays him meaningful minutes, but he’s in win now mode trying to save his job

We are exactly 1 game into the season for the Utes and 3 games in for Minnesota but I am confident in saying that the Gach transfer will turn out to benefit both sides.

2 Likes

I’d take him back right now if I could. I don’t think we’re better off without him.

No denying his talent, but it was a terrible fit here. In addition to the really bad shooting splits 40/25/78 (on only 2.6 attempts per game), he had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio, was hardly ever engaged on defense, and it was always a guessing game…are we going to get Kentucky/Colorado Both or are we going to get…almost every other game Both?

He seems to be doing much better in Minnesota. Good for him. Sincerely. Maybe its playing closer to home, maybe its a better system, maybe he responds to the coach better. Who knows. I hope it continues. But I think PL/AP will be signficantly better for us at helping us win games.

2 Likes

Question for the group.

How do you pronounce Pelle?

Rhymes with belly or rhymes with bell?

Some leadership I’m hoping to see: Plummer coaching Martinez & Kellier on what it takes to get playing time.

Last year after the PAC tourney was shut down, Riley interviewed LK, and the obvious question was “where was Plummer all year? Why did we have that kind of offensive firepower on the bench?”

LK explained that Plummer wasn’t always attentive in practice, especially on defense. (He also explained that Delon Wright was ready to leave after his JR year, but LK convinced him to stick around and work on the shortcomings in his game.)

Hey Plummer! Drive these points home to the youngsters!

3 Likes

Rhymes with a brand of windows. It’s, “Pella.”

1 Like

thats how the announcers were saying it.