Hawkeyes or Buckeyes in the Rose?

I’m routing for Iowa, I want to see Champion vs Champion, a traditional Rose Bowl.
Buckeyes would just be BIG10 leftovers, Utah deserves better than that.

Buckeyes. Not that it matters what I think, but I’d rather our team be tested against one of the best teams in the nation. And I want Michigan to be in the CFP, because I like Jim Harbaugh.

4 Likes

I started day-dreaming of the Utes playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl after I attended the UCS vs Michigan Rose Bowl in 2007. Having no idea that we would join the PAC 4 years later, it was literally a dream at that time.

I went to that game that year as there were many people around me who were life long Michigan fans, and my then 12 year old son had adopted them as his second favorite college football team (Utah will always be his number 1).

Michigan losing to Utah in the granddaddy of them all, would a fantasy come true for me personally.

But I’ll settle for a win over Iowa, or Ohio State.

How the (*&^ did this ever happen?!? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Go UTES!

6 Likes

I was taught to cheer for byu, but in 1993 I was finally old enough to make my own choices, I couldn’t just switch to Utah, it felt dirty. A few years later I met Ron McBride, by the charm of Coach Mac, everything changed, so I boarded the Ute train in '99.

For 5 seasons, Michigan was my transition team, and I still have a soft spot for them. For my own personal reasons, I would love to see Michigan win it all. I just think it would be better to see a traditional Rose Bowl. With playoff expansion talks, who knows, it could be the last traditional Rose Bowl ever, Big Champ vs Pac Champ. It would be so cool if Utah was involved with that.

Utah vs Ohio State would be epic but it wouldn’t be champ vs champ.

2 Likes

I AM A SUPER HATER OF OHIO!

That said, they are the second-worst fanbase I have ever met. The worst was Iowa. They are Ohio fans without the championships. Doesn’t matter, I’ll be eating pickle and cranberry pies and throwing up Interlocking Us.

2 Likes

I don’t care which school comes to play in Pasadena, I just want the Utes to drop a beat down on them like the one they just dropped on Whoregon…again.

Bring home the hardware!!!

GO UTES!!!

8 Likes