Happy Fathers Day

Hope all the Fathers enjoy your 10-15 minutes of celebration today. Somehow it seems Mothers Day turns into an entire weekend while Fathers Day gets the equivalent fan fare of Arbor Day :slight_smile:

You got 15 minutes? I never get 15 minutes. Cooking my own celebratory dinner. Shopping for the foods. It is this every year.

I get more out of Arbor Day.

4 Likes

my wife said this morning from bed halfway through me finishing cooking breakfast, “you dont need to cook breakfast, its Fathers Day!” I responded in my most sappy tone;“You know what is the best thing about being a Father is the opportunity you get to serve the ones you love” :slight_smile:

Honestly, im not complaining. I have a great wife and kids. I muxh more comfortable with 10-15 minutes of celebrity.

4 Likes

I got texts from the kids. I’m good.

Amazing to be a father… even when your boys do stupid stuff like you did, and the police get involved. (Really trivial stuff they’ve all survived, thankfully.)

3 Likes

My son mailed a funny card, and called me just to catch up for about 20 minutes today (in spite of the fact that his girlfriend’s sister was visiting the two of them, and he should have been focused in them). I sincerely appreciated the call, but frankly, I value the calls when he’s looking for advice, or just telling me how his life is going, more than a card or a call on Father’s day.

4 Likes

3 Likes