Greg wru ell is so funny

Calling this a rivalry and it’s intact

Think we’re missing some context here, or at least some information.

1 Like

He has two of the greatest freak-outs of all-time. First was when the Utes were invited to join the PAC and the second was during a game when some interception or fumble or some such play didn’t go byu’s way, he snapped. I still laugh when I think of those.

Wrubel oozes the arrogance and entitlement of a few generations of zoob fans. The same arrogance and entitlement that made me start cheering for the Utes when I was a kid, just so I didn’t resemble those guys.

7 Likes

^THIS^

3 Likes

I wonder what the meltdown will look like after this season’s beat down.

No wait, I know…

3 Likes

That’s IMPOSSIBLE!!!

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I want to keep our streak going, but we’re dealing with the most delusional program/fanbase in the country. I do not think that is an exaggeration. They want to matter so much but they just don’t and haven’t in quite some time, and even when they were slightly more relevant they were still almost universally hated.

2 Likes
2 Likes

In fairness, it was a bad ruling, but his reaction was hilarious.

1 Like

The ruling was a fumble which was recovered by Utah. Replay could not find any angle proving the BYU player was down (No incontrovertible evidence) and let the play stand as called.

Same thing happened to my New Orleans Saints that year in the playoffs (called a fumble, replay looked like he possibly was down before the fumble, but play stood. I didn’t scream at the TV but rather noted, he should have held onto the damned football

5 Likes

Which makes it even funnier.

3 Likes

The ruling was in Utah’s favor, so it was a good ruling.

3 Likes

Jon Wilner killed those guys yesterday. To paraphrase, we will win, they will shout “But we have 1984!!!” And we will go home and get ready for playing for something REAL.

4 Likes