Good SUVs

There are only four Jeep’s: Willys, CJ, Wrangler, and the boxy Cherokee. Everything else is a Honda in disguise.

Also the Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L Hemi and some knobby all terrain tires is pretty sweet. Def not a Phonda.

Nah, if it’s not boxy, it’s not a real cherokee. Even if the engine is large.

I hold onto cars for a long time. I have a 2008 sedan that I’ll never sell. People regularly ask if I’ll sell it to them. We have a 2005 Ford Explorer that is in great shape and that all our kids drove in college. Our daughter is taking it to law school in the Midwest in a month. I’m just one of those guys who doesn’t love cars generally but when I find one that works for me I hang into it. So no Jeep Liberty for me.

Sounds like you need a Toyota. Get a Tacoma TRD like the one I got through Costco. If your going to live in a rural area you need a truck to fit in.

I think I’d better get a 'Murican car.

You’ll also have to get a camo hat.

1 Like

Ha. A long-time city council member flew a Biden-Harris flag at his house last fall. He got re-elected anyway.

1 Like

Then you had better get a Tesla Cyertruck (or a Rivian R1t)…it may be the most 'Murican truck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

But the company’s owner is a James Bond movie villain!

2 Likes

haha…true. In all candor, although I’m a Tesla owner, not a big fan of Musk.

1 Like

On my next door app the subject of Jon Hunstman Sr came up, and there were a haunch of people that had issues with him for one reason or another. Most however could see the tremendous benefit of the Huntsman legacy to our state. Even to our world. I feel the same way about Gates, Musk, Bezos, Jobs and others. Yes, there’s room to criticize but on the whole they’re visionaries who took big risks and changed the world for the better. Much much better IMO.

3 Likes

Some of the “much better” is debateable, though. Twenty years ago, people could communicate easily with each other with a $10 telephone and a tiny monthly phone bill. Now, communication requires a $1000 dollar pocket computer and a $50/month phone bill. As a bonus, the phone comes with built-in isolation, terrible games, cyberbullying, dating apps, and a mental health crisis. But it does help people who are bad with directions get places. I’m pretty sure we are worse off with our current communications tech than we were before.

1 Like

You use your phone as a phone? I screen 99% of my calls, I might as well turn off the ringer.

As a nerd who works in IT I have an explicit need for a pocket computer but otherwise I’d be right there with you on eliminating that expense.

Get off my lawn.

1 Like

I’m a hold out…don’t have a phone yet. My son is starting high school this year, and I think I need to get him a phone. I feel like it’s reached a point where you either have to pony up the dough (and accept all the horrible things associated with phones and teenagers) or be a hermit.

I’m trying to decide between a real phone (a cheap one, of course) and a low data plan or a Gabb phone (calls and texts but no photos, apps, or internet access). Anyone have experience with the Gabb for a teen?

I understand, especially as it concerns surfing while driving. Beyond dangerous and dumb and all of us with a phone have engaged in that bad behavior if only for a brief moment. Having said that I’d never in a million years send my daughters out on a date or my wife on her travels (or even my son on a roadie) without a top of the line whatever-G capable of pulling down 5 bars in the middle of BFE. But I love my family so………:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Back in my day…

1 Like

Yup…every generation does that. Cellphone? We had only landlines. Phone? We used to write letters? Paper? We had tablets (non-tech kind). Haha

1 Like

I don’t really care what medium you use, my complaint is when I send a long note with several important updates and a couple of follow up questions, to a close relative/friend, and receive the following response:

OK

3 Likes

Yes, but the point is that some of these changes are progress and some are poison disguised as progress.

1 Like