Good on Caleb Williams

this is a good reminder that all of us have attributes/characteristics (some good, some bad) that were all trying to work through

Thatā€™s a high class move. Good on Caleb.

Everyone gets wound up about a big game, but when the TV cameras are being loaded in the truck, reality comes back.

Iā€™ll be cheering for Williams on Sundays because of this story, plus he seems like a pretty good kid.

5 Likes

I am sure he is a good kid, but the nails thing before the CCG was pretty knucklehead. Giving a defense reasons to get extra stoked to get after youā€¦not good. What happened was a good learning experience and Iā€™m sure he wonā€™t make the same mistake twice.

4 Likes

To be fair. Whenever I played another team I had zero love for them between the lines. Itā€™s competition.

3 Likes

No need for love, disrespect is a different animal. Max Hall level karma will get you in the end.

Things have changed since I played.

4 Likes

I do put a lot on the coaching staff. I canā€™t imagine Kyle allowing that. The best way to say ā€œFUā€ is to win. As to winning, I believe itā€™s always best to be humble and respectful to oneā€™s opponent. After all, they must be within the same caliber of skills etcā€¦ in whatever match one is participating in. Why say ā€œFUā€ at all? Why not say ā€œWelcome, worthy a opponent!ā€
I am blessed to to participate in the grappling community. Itā€™s astounding how quickly someone can harm, maim or kill someone; without appearing to have the ability or inclination. The better fighters are remarkably polite and humble. Extending grace is never a deficit.
He has amazing athletic skills with more to learn in leadership.

5 Likes

I get it but itā€™s still a games and kids will be kids. I like that they have fun. Karma does catch you and we all enjoy our plate of schadenfreude.

Again, I get that POV but in the grand scheme of things heā€™s far from the fun antics of ā€œThe Uā€ (ducking Ute bottles being thrown) of the 1980s.

1 Like

B

Yes, but thatā€™s behavior from scallywagā€™s in the crowd of a cattle-town. Not the leader of a premier football team representing an elite university.
Embrace the opportunity to be there and act accordingly.

1 Like

Fair enough.

Kinda tacky how he didnā€™t shout out all the Southern Cal Heisman winners.

3 Likes

My takeaway from last night is the University of Deliverance at Hooterville has half the number of Heismans as the University of Southern California. We had to construct a building to display ours while yours fit in the root shed.

FTFO!

Yeah. Your school has 7* to Alabamaā€™s 4. Almost the difference of 16 to 9, (yeah I am not counting the ancient titles many Alabama fans try to claim) Alabama to Southern Calā€™s National titles.

Btw, how many times have yā€™all made the playoffs and have you been relevant for a National title recently? When was your last conference title. Lol

This exchange validates the value of UF.N

:wink:

Utah is a long way from the WAC days or even the MWC days. Weā€™re still ascending.

On the other hand, former U of U Liberty Bowl MVP / Emeritus Professor / University VP Dr. Ron Coleman told me a few weeks back about his efforts to recruit OJ Simpson to the U back in the day - which almost worked. (ā€œSimpson said he had to get some clothes and he headed to the bus station, and went to LAā€).

Life is crazy. Sometimes things work out OK.

(Another thing Coleman told me I had no idea about - former Utes & NFL stars Marv Fleming and Roy Jefferson are cousins.)

Also, weā€™re happy to have you two goofs on our board.

2 Likes

The fun part is this guy forgets I am from LA with a father from Alabama (my fam help start Alabama, Alabama State and Yale on that side). Most of my cousins (Momā€™s side) are with UCLA or SC grads. Lol

The star is for Chunky (a former prof of mine who I liked.)