Going to Powder Mountain

For the first time tomorrow. Any thoughts on the trip from SLC or maybe a place to get a cutp of joe or a meal? Also any thoughts on the mountain itself? Expert skier never been before.
Thanks!

I haven’t been there in 40 years, I’ll bet. The road going up there is really steep, and you don’t really recognize how steep until going back down. I remember it being a lot of fun, and having bought an Oh Henry in the lodge one time, biting into it, and seeing a grub or small worm in it. Fortunately the grub or worm was fully intact, but I lost my appetite at that point.

1 Like

Resort food? Couldn’t tell you. Ogden Valley is kind of a food wasteland. If you want the best burger around, hit the Shooting Star Saloon in Huntsville.

2 Likes

I’ve been maybe 5 or 6 times although it’s been several years since our last visit. Fairly accomplished as well. We had a lot of fun as a family at the resort. I’m sorry but off the top of my head I couldn’t give you any details on lifts or run names. I do remember however that there isn’t a ton of lifts for the skiable acreage and almost all the lifts we rode were fixed grip so be prepared for a slower climb up the mountain.

I also want to say that it offers a cat skiing experience although we never partook.

Report back your findings though.

1 Like

The Star Burger is quite the sandwich, but best to be left to those with low cholesterol and verified clear arteries. A double cheese burger with polish sausage is nothing to take lightly.

It’s been way too long since I was at the Shooting Star. Cool place. I think the last time I was in there you could still play “Burnin’ Down the House” and follow it with “Sioux City Sue” on the jukebox.

1 Like

Thanks all!
We had a great time. Super cold, but we enjoyed excellent Raman noodles in the lodge. mixed conditions: those being, groomers or hard-packed, wind slabbed, sun cooked dust on crust with occasional wind-drift powder (2 inches) on the same in the trees on north slopes.
We had a great time until the flat-light, tornado winds and sub zero weather transformed the mountain into, well, a mountain in winter. :wink: