Georgia Tech vs. Utah today at 4 p.m. on FS1

Team really struggled with another aggressive opponent forcing us into lot of turnovers, but came back and finished strong after Ga Tech took a brief lead. Lots to fix, but winning a tight one was a bit encouraging.

6 Likes

Random observations on the win vs Georgia Tech:

Sloppy, but a win is a win. Iā€™ll take it. Utes win the battle of the projected bottom feeders. Tech is picked last in the ACC.

Itā€™s a good thing Tech canā€™t shoot (35/22/55 - UGLY!). The Utes were -14 turnovers, and -3 offensive rebounds so Tech was able to put up 17 more shots. Utes were +12 total rebounds, and shot well enough to win.

Coach continues to tighten the rotation. Only 6 played more than 10 minutes: the 5 starters plus Marco.

The Utes have had a size advantage every game so far, but havenā€™t been able to exploit it. Iā€™m not sure why.

Like others, I donā€™t like Saunders body language. He looks disengaged on the bench. We have seen this many times before, and those players transferred at the end of the season. Hopefully Coach can get him re-energized. His skill set (handles and penetration) is badly needed. Vs Tech, Worster was forced to pay extended minutes and eventually fouled out. That happened a lot last year, and was costly. When Worster fouled out, LAZAR played the point! He did well, but Tech isnā€™t a very strong test.

Good turn from Keita who brought a jolt of energy and 4 pts and 2 rebounds in 4 minutes.

Good minutes from Marco. His physicality made a difference.

Madsen is clearly stronger than last year, and it is paying off. He still struggles to guard his man, but heā€™s added rebounding to his skill set. That helps.

Ben seemed invisible to me but the box score shows 9 rebounds. Nice contribution. He came with a reputation as a scorer, but we havenā€™t seen that yet.

GO UTES! Beat Mississippi State. LESS COWBELL!

My 2 cents

4 Likes