Gary out at USU

Plus you have to live in Provo.

2 Likes

How often does a bubble screen work on Madden Football? About the same as Brian Johnson’s offense here.

1 Like

[quote=“sancho, post:10, topic:4498”]

I always appreciate the BYU hate, but this isn’t true at all. USU is not a football school. They enjoyed a little run with GA and then Matt Wells, but it’s over.

I imagine Sitake signed one last year why would bywho extend now?

You had me at hello…

…had a friend once making excuses for his buddy in a situation where he was bouncing around jobs, seemingly not getting along with someone. Always saying, well they had it in for him here there and everywhere.

My response, “What’s the common denominator here?” He said no more.

Gary Andersen has made his own bed, he needs to lie in it.

6 Likes

Don’t want him anywhere near our program anymore. He is clearly beyond burnt out. He needs to move on with his life.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Thanks.

Ags steamrolled again. Florida puts up 35 in first half vs Arkansas. Should at least make a call to BJ
and ask him to interview.

Lol, the USU HC job would be a step down for him

3 Likes

I was really hoping Shelley and DHC would have success up in Logan. Sad to see things clunk so badly for them.

1 Like

I don’t ever mind much if other in-state schools are bad. I like being the undisputed king of the hill. LSU and OSU are the only show in town for their states. That’s the dream for us.

1 Like

I guess I understand the desire to be the starting quarterback but it seems that whenever Whit transitions someone to defense they wind up having better success and even remarkable careers on Sunday.
I wonder if Shelly should have just stayed and tried a different position
Go Utes!

1 Like

I guess I wouldn’t really consider USU to be any sort of competition to the “king of the hill” crown, so I have no issue with wishing them well.

1 Like

And now Jason Shelley have been dismissed from the team for violating team rules

Just saw that. Suprising.

He was always a great teammate at Utah. Bummer

Another brief article on Gary. Anyone with insight? Ideas as to what went sideways? Gary certainly is the common denominator here - does anyone else take the risk of hiring him as the main guy, or is he just going to go fishing and enjoy life…

Why not take a chance on him if he doesn’t take the buyout money if you fire him?

That’s certainly one argument in his favor. Does he bring enough to the table though, to make up for any potential damage left behindif when he bails?

Why not? Are you joking? Maybe because he clearly lacks the motivation to be successful?

Maybe because every time he has been successful, he’s left, and taken promising young coaches with him that we could have used on our staff? Not to mention recruiting players that otherwise may have gone to Utah.

2 Likes