Game Watch - Utah vs Stanford, Friday evening, 8:00 PM Fiddler's Elbow (patio)

OK, how about Jay Santos and the Citizens Auxiliary Police shutting down the fundraising car wash by high school cheerleaders because it was really a front for prostitution?

When I was listening to the podcast he had a pretty good one with Santos and his blue arm band/pith helmet crew responding to complaints about peeping Toms. They’d race to the houses where there were scantily clad women visible through the windows to make sure there were no peeping Toms there.

5 Likes

1 Like

Phil’s “guest” Cal Tech professor Jeff Dowder talking about alternative energy sources to combat California’s problem with brownouts… while Dowder is hitting the bong and getting “creative”.

Dowder: “Phil, I have another original idea - what if we harness the power of the sun?”

Cranky caller: “This is ridiculous! Have you ever heard of Sun Tea? You’re not the first person to come up with this idea!”

Dowder: “I have a PhD from Cal Tech - what are your credentials?”, a line he uses to infuriate several callers, while obviously high as a kite and talking like a surfer.

5 Likes

YOu probably havent seent that I must use crutches when out walking around, due to developing bilaterl foot neuropathy while stuck in a nursing home… I cannot feel the outer sides of either foot, so it’s unsafe to walk unsupported… Frustratingly, the nerves on the INSIDE, that allow for pain impulses in the muscles and bones work just fine… I spent 38 months in the Nursing Home using a wheelchair… As a result both feet are now no longer used to supporting the weight. I walked over to my nearby walgreens to set up a Pfizer vaccination and did what was about 3 -4 city blocks roundtrip the next morning I woke up and had to use Hyrocodone/TYlenol pllls for 24 hr to be able to walk even to the bathroom. It’s a complicate mess. So taxis are about the only real option for avoiding unnecessary foot agony. I do have the permanent fare reduction pass form UTA, so that does help when I end up using it

I’ll be there again tonight. Hopefully the result will be better than the last time we played a p12 north team on the road.

I actually found utefans.net from googling Phil Hendrie somehow. I used to listen to him on KFI out of Los Angeles in the late 90s as a naught missionary. I’d plug my headphone into my boombox and listen under my covers. I used to record him and send tapes back home to a friend before he was syndicated in Utah.

It took me 2 episodes to realize the characters were fake and there to get unwitting rubes to call in. It took many more to realize he was voicing all of the characters himself. The guy is a genius and the ultimate troll.

4 Likes

I’m counting on it :slight_smile: … see you there!

1 Like

Jeff dowder

" Phil what if we used the water ways to transport goods from place to place. It would speed up getting stuff "

Ted Bell

" Phil I am worth , liquid , 100 million dollars. I dont have time to wait in the tsa line. We need a line at LAX for people that are rich"

3 Likes

5 Likes

We need names!

1 Like

That guy 2nd from the left is trouble. Keep track of your wallet.

5 Likes

Executioner, Newbomb, SalUTE, SportUte

6 Likes

The watch party was a blast! We’ll be doing another one at Fiddler’s Elbow next week for the Arizona game. We’d love to have you!

3 Likes

… and the game score was much more in keeping with everyone’s expectation than our last event (the Oregon State game).

1 Like

@salUTE was the only real downer last night with his game prediction.

1 Like