Game time for Utah at Florida is 5:00 pm Mountain Time (7:00 ET) on ESPN

The Gators will play the first three games of the season under the lights at home.

Florida will open the campaign on Sept. 3 hosting Utah at 7 p.m. on ESPN. The matchup will be the first game of a home-and-home series against the Utes for the 2022 and 2023 seasons. Florida and Utah’s only previous meeting came in 1977 when the Gators claimed a 38-29 victory in Gainesville.

So…

Pregame party starts at 2:00pm with snacks and beverages.

Meal starts at 4:00pm with smoked meats, Dutch oven baked beans, homemade potato salad, and corn on the cob.

Move to the man cave at 5:00pm for the kickoff.

After being so sick last season, this season has to go better.

GO UTES!!!

1 Like

Sounds good to me. What kind of beer should I bring?

Whatever you like to drink. :wink:

Pregame with gator bites at “The Swamp” Restaurant. I hate being in Gainesville but it also has 4 Rivers BBQ and Tijuana Flats which are solid food spots.

2 Likes

Has anyone already received tickets?

Not the worst time of day to be playing in the SE part of the country. It’ll still be hot, but at least the sun will be going down and won’t add to the discomfort. I do recommend that those who are going, players and fans, drink lots of electrolytes, and avoid alcohol, it’s a diuretic.

1 Like

The sun sets at 7:50 that day, and the visitors section is in the SE corner so will be in the sun unless the west stand press box casts a shadow. Happy that the game is late, but it will still be very warm.

1 Like

Thought I would chime in here. Used to post on this board a long time ago.

Looking forward to the game. Opening with the defending Pac 12 champions certainly gets your attention, and I hope it is well played. UF has been through some disasterous years with what I call the 3M guys…Muschamp, McElwain and Mullen. Ugh. Everyone is hoping that Billy Napier will get us back on track, and so far, he seems light years better than the previous three. We shall see. If we get 8 wins this season, that would be successful frankly.

A night game is better, even for a Floridian. If you actually go to Gainesville, try to drop by Spurrier’s new place. It is pretty cool.

I am sure we will talk later.

Rock on.

RR

7 Likes

As long as the game isn’t like the Labor Day game in the early 90s at ASU where it was HOT and we lost 40-0 or something like that.

1 Like

Welcome back. It’s been a long minute since you were here. Hope you stay and enjoy the new board.

3 Likes

Thank You. Yeah, it has been a while. Always kept an eye on The Utes though. You have an excellent football team that is very well coached, and an overall really good Athletic Department.

Btw, how is Mohamoud Diabate working out? Wished he would have stayed at UF, as that is a position of need depth wise.

Take care,

RR

3 Likes

We really have no idea yet. He didn’t participate in the spring practices. Glad to have him, though.

Florida vs. Utah: Broadcasting crew reportedly revealed for opener in the Swamp - Saturday Down South

1 Like