Funny topic on loserboard talking the NIL

Saying BYU will now recapture past glory because of their vast fanbase and being able to pay kids for their likeness. I don’t see those cheap fools opening their wallets.

There was something in SI about BYU using the NIL to catch up to some P5 programs and Holmoe tweeted something about the amazing BYU alumni making that happen. If we don’t think that every university, including BYU and Utah, will not try to work this to their advantage, we are all naive.

1 Like

“Listen, son, I can’t make any promises, but Alma Sorensen’s the CEO of Everlasting Essential Oils and he’s a huge supporter of our program. Just look at the Everlasting billboards around town with our players’ faces on them. It’s been a great blessing in the lives of those players. People here just love TDS basketball. You’ll see.”

5 Likes

They said that it was an article done by SI it was actually a blog on SI and the guy doesn’t work for SI

1 Like

Didn’t LaVell always joke about the Mormon crowd “showing up at bowl games with a 50 dollar bill and a copy of the ten commandments, and leaving town without breaking either”?

BTW - You know that’s an old quote as a 50 bill would not even be considered serious pocket change now. I guess that shows how long it’s been since the BYU football program was relevant.

2 Likes

It was a blog in SI by a Cougar fan

2 Likes

There will be some big donors for BYU who will try to buy victory. BYU has plenty of wealthy alumni, and some fraction of them are crazy enough to see any BYU athletic success as some kind of religious vindication.

2 Likes

I think the original quote was a 20 dollar bill so that is even longer ago that BYU was relevant.

6 Likes