For those of you that insist Utah should play BYU every year

A few more beatdowns against TDS and even the homers in the legislature will beg us to stop playing them.

2 Likes

Important factoid. The legislature’s contribution to the U is less than 8 percent of their total budget. Maybe Utah ought to see if we can find that 8 percent and transition the school to private nonprofit.

That would screw them all.

3 Likes

Yes. Any victory in the weak SEC, (any team that Bama played) would be better than the Zoobs.

2 Likes

That is actually a false statement. There is absolutely no requirement from the state legislature that the U play TDS or any other state school.

I didn’t say it was a requirement. I would refer to Rockers posts regarding audits.

4 Likes

And that’s what they’ve already done and certainly would continue to do.

2 Likes

They did cause rumblings insinuating they would slash education funding at the U, however. The quid pro quo need not be explicitly stated to exist, just like every mobster movie.

“It would be a shame if something happened to state funding for that world-class research you are doing…”.

2 Likes

Exactly, play them for now and enjoy the process as their frustration level raises. Soon, they will realize it can get in the way of bowl eligibility with no enjoyment received. If they manage to play half a P5 schedule it is likely to become the difference of a bowl game at a point.

Will wonders never cease? I am in total agreement with Zeous?? BYU isn’t the problem with our OOC schedule, Idaho State is. USU, Wyoming, CSU, BSU, or low and behold Weber State would have been an improvement over Idaho State. If we want a team to play us at home every year from the FCS then Weber is the better choice. It isn’t even arguable. They have earned a bye in the FCS tournament, and they won the conference.

1 Like

That was Greg Hughes he is gone

1 Like

I’m sure someone else would be willing to fill that role!

Hopefully a Ute will plus Harlan is slowly moving Utah away from BYU and strengthening our schedule.

1 Like