For dog lovers

2 Likes

…and ten hours later he posts the exact same article. :crazy_face:

1 Like

^^^^^Greatest post ever :joy:

This is your fault. You posted an embedded link with only a few words from the title, and I did not realize it was the same article. Besides, my post is better because it has pictures! Even so, I will submit to virtual fines and imprisonment just to show my regret for not detecting your incompetent, misleading approach to posting. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for @Buhbye, he is simply trying to steal stars from you and me. Typical.

5 Likes
3 Likes

So many people love dogs that an article about peoples’ love for dogs is published and republished everywhere. You idiots are just proving my point, and muuser’s: Dogs rock!!

Google shows 5 more republications of the same article. Scandalous! This is obviously Trump’s fault.

1 Like

3 Likes

When you are an Australian Shepherd, you don’t really mind the snow. In fact, you lie down in it to rest. Even when there is a warm house 20 feet away.

3 Likes

Those who have spent time with dogs already knew this is true.

1 Like

took our two monsters to a park that has a walking trail for dogs over the weekend. Part of the trail goes by a soccer field. There were about a dozen girls late teens early twenty-ish resting from playing soccer under a tree when I walked by. I sucked in my gut and tried to play the part of the cool middle-aged man just walking his dogs. We get about ten feet from them and one of the dogs decides he’ll do his business since he has an audience. I embarrassingly clean that up and start walking again and within a few steps monster #2 decides this is as good a place as any to go too.

Wa-wah! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

At least 3/4 of those girls have dogs, or grew up with one, and they understood.

1 Like

Shocking news from the world of science.

Then why can’t my dogs get the innate feeling that I want them to shut the !@#$ up when I’m on a call?

Because the doorbell rang?

They don’t need a doorbell. The dogs barking across the street alert them to action.

1 Like

Handsome lad indeed.

@Buhbye reminds me that one of the intriguing things about dogs is how sensitive they can be to their humans’ moods and needs. We have two Australian Shepherds, and that breed is uncannily sensitive. My wife was in a terrible auto accident about two weeks ago. She was T-boned by a semi truck. Her car was totaled. Fortunately The car was a “tank,” and although the vehicle looks like it was hit by a rocket-propelled grebade, she walked away, although bruised and battered and suffering from some internal injuries to her ribs and sternum that will take 8-12 weeks to heal. The injuries are very painful. The dogs both understand this, and simply follow her around as she tries to function. As she sits down to rest, they are at her feet. They I simply want to be with her. This breed are busy dogs who usually need something to do, need a walk or to be played with, and for long periods each day are constantly in motion. Not now. It’s amazing and gratifying to watch.

5 Likes

Rescue dogs are usually quite loving to whomever rescues them. We’re involved with one here in NC. We foster younger dogs, and dogs that do well with cats. We get the younger because we already have younger dogs, and the cat friendlier/ambivalent dogs because of our cats. If our cats like them or tolerate them that’s a bonus in getting the fosters adopted faster. Younger dogs get adopted faster than older, although older dogs IMO do at least as well as younger dogs in the transition to a permanent family.

Some of the fosters have been hard to give up, some have been pretty easy. All have touched Mrs CCU and I in the feels. We’re always happy to see them get good homes. Now that we can do “open houses” at PetSmart we’ll get more adopted faster.

I could say more, but I think you guys get the idea. Rescues are almost always really good dogs. They know when they’ve found a really good place and are forever grateful for that.

1 Like
2 Likes