For all you fast food fans, your wait is over!

sourdough jack and cheap tacos

Brats with Sauerkraut and potato salad.

I need a tailgate.

3 Likes

I cant recall if I’ve ever eaten at Jack in the Box, if I have it was unremarkable

2 Likes

“Crap in the Box” is coming to Utah…just another place I never go…under any circumstances.

3 Likes

Jack in the box is where you go in the middle of the night high/drunk.

3 Likes

I thought that was Denny’s (most of the country) or Waffle House (SE part of the country).

Works for me. I’ve only been to Jack in the Box a handful of times, I think. I remember them making the news too often with e. coli breakouts to trust them much.

1 Like

Is there any place like Bill’s and Nada’s now?

Not sure, haven’t lived in Utah since 1989.

They used to have a commercial touting that that Ultimate cheese burger was nothing but meat and cheese.

We stopped at the one in St. George on the way back from Vegas last summer. Maybe it was just the hangover talking, but I thought it was a pretty decent burger.

Bill and Nada’s was unique. There never was and never will be another place like that.

4 Likes

It was the only place I ever saw eggs and brains on the menu. LOL

2 Likes

In law school a few of us would regularly make a Bill and Nada’s run at 3 a.m. after getting papers done (which we probably could have had done earlier if we hadn’t procrastinated or planned poorly-but where’s the fun in that?).

2 Likes

My father was a SLC police officer, and he and all is buddies spent a lot of time at Bill and Nada’s. When I was growing up, if he felt the need to have a serious conversation with me, he’d tell me to jump in the car and we’d drive from our home on the Avenues to B&N where he’d buy me a cup of coffee knowing he’d have my undivided attention.

Those memories also make me think of Kitty Papas’ Steak House out in Wood Cross. I started going there in the mid seventies with my then soon to be in-laws, and have been going there with them and extended family and friends ever since. My in-laws started going there as youngsters in the late 40’s. My son who went there with his grandparents until his grandfather passed away a few years ago, flew home last summer to go there one last time when I told him Kitty had died and the place would be closing.

Both places were local institutions for decades.

4 Likes